Bugs/Issues/Suggestions

Hi all

I thought I’d start this thread so we can enumerate any topics here, as per subject. This way @Raptisoft can reference just one place as opposed to trawling through many threads.

Comments

• edited February 2018
    SUGGESTION #1:

If we can download levels in order to play them when offline. I play RwK while commuting underground so no internet. In the old RwK, I would find a level before commuting, then download it. Once I’m underground, I can play that level. In the new RwK, this is not possible anymore. A level I have previously played is redownloaded and so when I’m underground (or anywhere with no internet) I can’t play the level. A way to download levels and play offline and/or perhaps save favourite levels?
  • edited February 2018
    ISSUE #1:

The search function in Maker Mall is not working as it should. The update from a few days ago fixed the ordering but when ordering from ‘newest to oldest’, only the last 10 new levels are shown. When then selecting ‘show more’, it seems to load the oldest levels again. Also the ‘Hot Levels’ and ‘New Levels’ sections are not producing the correct results.
  • edited February 2018
    BUG #1:

The haxxor bug is still there, a similar one is the boss bug. In the former, a door won’t open if you move away from the computer too quickly after activating it. With the latter, when you kill two bosses too quickly in succession, only 1 boss door will open.
  • edited February 2018
    SUGGESTION #2:

Any chance you could make the menu popup like before, ie by tapping the robot?
  • Thanks fnanfe,
    Bug #2: app randomly crashes.

Either during an ad, or if I turn off the phone and resume a level. In both instances, the app freezes and after about 10 seconds, the app closes.
  • ISSUE #2:

The app to delete the zoom app is missing from the Maker Mall
  • ISSUE #3:

This may or may not be intentional but bitcoins are not visible on the map.
  • I was wondering too if the invisible bitcoins were intentional. In some ways I like it, it can make it a challenge to hunt them down.
    It might be nice though, in the future, if there could be an option to make them visible/invisible map-wise. Maybe something near the slider for belt speed.
  • Thread bookmarked for RwK update.
  • To me the biggest issues are the haxxor bug and the way levels populate after you search for a users levels.
  • ISSUE #4:

The "View Messages" area under Account in the Maker Mall appears to be empty all the time, is this for future use or are comment notifications supposed to be in here?
  • SUGGESTION #3:

Not sure how to put this... please consider making 'level stats' stick for played levels. When I play a level I have already previously played and rated, this dialog would pop up regardless. Sometimes I can't recall if I gave the level a like or not and so I would like again and I'm not sure if this would add an additional like but I think it does!

Similarly, when a level designer plays his/her own level, their attempts/wins should not be tallied. Currently it is, evident by looking at the extremely difficult level I created called "Sticky Ascend". I clocked this level twice right after uploading it and saw the tally. Meaning only one person to date has finished the level lol.
  • ISSUE #5:

Ads and ad downloads. Lately, RwK crashes when I download an advertised app/game, not sure if you get awarded anything in such a case but if you don't, it would be a bummer. I tried closing RwK completely before going on an "ad watching binge" and this used to work only for a short while, now it doesn't.
  • edited February 2018
    ISSUE #6: (Following on from ISSUE #1)

Levels get lost on many fronts. Basically, only the last ~10 levels of anything gets displayed. (I'm not testing/using any filter tags atm)

As an example, searching for Fomb's levels, not all his/her levels are shown, eventually, the "show more" button disappears, presumably indicating that all said maker's levels have loaded. The last level enumerated is actually his/her latest one! I tested this with Rastapopoulon's levels too, it fells well short.

So I don't think any players can get to any older levels unless explicitly searching for the level in question.

EDIT, there appears to be one way to get to all levels...
    1. Search all levels from "newest first"
    2. Scroll down the list of 10, tap show more
    3. The oldest levels are now being loaded, as per ISSUE #1
    4. But, keep scrolling as ALL the levels are now being loaded from OLDEST to newest, tapping show more and it seem to enumerate pretty accurately. 
    This is a sneaky workaround but the more levels are uploaded the more this will become troublesome.
  • SUGGESTION #4

Following on from suggestion #1, it would be great to have a tab called “Currently playing levels” or similar which lists all the levels you’re currently playing
  • @fnanfne YES to the currently playing levels tab
  • SUGGESTION #5

Okay. So I want to suggest reverting the bug fix for the one-way semi-passable barrier. Hear me out.

I've now seen at least three levels where it is possible to pass through this barrier. 

So what's happened is that the bug got fixed so as to stop it being passable and with the same stroke, broke all the brilliance it had but now this barrier is still passable but without any of the brilliance!
  • I agree @fnanfne, the old barriers were so much more brilliant and provided so many creative options.
    I'm afraid they are gone for good. I don't think he'll change them back, and unless the game starts making a ton of money I don't think he'll be willing to do the official beta idea I had.

Ha, I had noticed the passibility of the new barriers when he "fixed" them but was afraid that if I included them in a level it'd be re-fixed. I guess the cat's out of the bag. Time to use it. ;)
  • edited February 2018
    Cat’s out of the bag hahahaha!!! I have download every app I’ve seen advertised and watched every single ad, just my contribution alone must be bucket load by the plentiful, surely!
  • SUGGESTION #6:

I keep on accidentally restarting a level when trying to consult the map, usually when it's a very long one I've been busy with for a while, annoyingly! I think it's the new way of opening the menu. Any chance this could be reviewed or have a confirm restart as a secondary screen?
  • @fnanfne, I totally agree (again) ;)
    At least a reconfirm option (in a completely different touch location) would be useful.
    I've had it happen a couple of times. One at the end of a really, really long level. I had even gotten everything to get the kitty but just wanted to make as complete of a map as possible and boom, restarted by mistake.
  • I heartily agree with Suggestion #2. The old way of tapping the robot to bring up the menu was much better.

SUGGESTION #7: Please bring back the old way of finding uploaded levels and organizing them. It worked much better.

SUGGESTION #8: I don't know what happened to the control button placement, and I do realize they can be moved, but I am constantly now tripping over the wrong buttons (and can't recall how they were spaced in the last version). I wish the button placement was as in the last version.

SUGGESTION #9: Please bring back the old rating system too. This one is very confusing.

Great game, historically, but not sure this recent upgrade is really an improvement. I would have preferred the old one simply updated to work with the new iOS.

• Following on from SUGGESTION 7...

Please fix level searching AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!! There are some players who spam the Maker Mall with useless/completely crappy levels burying any ones with substance. If one player uploades 10 levels, I can’t see ANY other new levels. This has been happening quite a few times now so infrequent good levels are getting lost among tons of crappy ones!
  • @raptisoft, i agree, please fix the sorting of/searching for levels and add a currently playing tab or something. It’ll make the game easier to play on the whole
  • ISSUE #7:

I've experienced this issue three times now in that a whole level gets completely wiped/deleted when I rename it, usually right at the end of the level making endeavour, after beating it and just before uploading/sharing. So I rename a level, then the app crashes. When I open the app again, the renamed level is gone!
  • SUGGESTION #10: Allow Boss blocks, Sad Computer blocks, Coin blocks, and Laser Switch (I'm not sure what these are actually called?) blocks to be painted as Lava and Acid. It'd be pretty cool to kill a boss and then have a Lava pool disappear. 

SUGGESTION # 11: Sign Post blocks: Allows Robot to read signs as they pass by. For the people who are more interested in storytelling. I could see where that could be abused though, so I could understand why there would be hesitation to add something like that. 

SUGGESTION # 12: More App deleting blocks. Jump, Double Jump, Hearts, Haxxor, Defense Addon, and Zoom Apps. I giveth, and I takieh away. Also, do levels still crash if Robot collects too many delete blocks?

SUGGESTION # 13: Gravity App/Block: either an App that lets Robot switch their gravity at will, or a block that Robot passes through and causes their gravity to change, or rotates the level. 

SUGGESTION # 14: Drill App and Drillable blocks: I'm imagining Robot's wheels folding up into their chassis and a drill coming out, and (I guess) Wood blocks you can drill through. And when paired with the Zoom App, you drill sideways into Brick and Wood. 

SUGGESTION # 15: Boss versions of Purple Fly monster and Green Worm monster. Maybe a swarm of flies surrounding an eyeball for the Purple Fly monster, and a Hydra that shoots recocheting enegry balls for the Green Worm monster? Maybe an Evil Robot Boss? 

SUGGESTION # 16: More Coins. Maybe Silver and other colors, in case you want more than one Coin puzzel.

SUGGESTION # 17: Platform blocks (maybe half the height of normal blocks and still paintable) that Robot can jump up onto from underneath, and drop down from. I'm not sure how that mechanic would work without a down button though. Maybe just hold down the Jump button and Robot passes through it? Could be good for traps if there's not enough room for Robot to jump without hitting a Lava block. 

SUGGESTION # 18: When building levels, it would be helpful to see how the map will appear prior to uploading the game for everyone else to play. 

SUGGESTION # 19: Undo button in level builder. I have big fingers and it's very easy to mess up stuff. 

SUGGESTION # 20: Color Wheel Selector for painting blocks. Or maybe just some more paint options. Also a paintbucket option if you want to paint an entire unpainted section all the same. 

Okay... I think that's enough. 

Honestly, I really just want to be able to recreate Castlevania: Symphony of the Night in RWK, and anything that gets me closer to that will make me happy. :D
  • Wow those are all nice suggestions!
  • So I went through this thread as I'm finishing up the update for RwK.  Some suggestions got in-- a lot did not, because the best ones I want to save for when I remake this game (again, I must stress that RwK brings in almost no money, so I can't really afford to spend a great deal of time on it).

Mostly I've tried to clean up interface stuff.  You will have a list of recently played levels now, for instance, as well as some other things.  There's some new blocks and a new enemy, and a music-customizing thing that I mostly implemented because I will want it for Hamsterball 2.

But in general, what I've done with this thread was take extensive notes on it for use when I write the Bigger Better Raptisoft Mini-Metroidvania.
  • Great news, glad the list was at least somewhat useful to you.
  • Dear Rapitsoft,
    I signed up on this forum just so I can chime in here as well as give thanks for providing such an amazing platform. I am sad to hear you are not taking in much money from RWK. I will gladly purchase any new apps you come out with on iOS.

Just 2 new suggestions here that (hopefully) are not tough to program.

1) on the pause screen, don’t allow duplicate icons to appear (e.g. 2 “exploder” icons)
    2) on the pause screen, have counters for both coins and hearts (e.g. 5/50 coins or a heart icon with a number superimposed). It’s sometimes easy to miss my progress with the coins. And the hearts only display up to 10, even though if I collected more I will be able to take additional hits.

Thanks for your consideration.