Bugs/Issues/Suggestions

Comments

• That really stinks @etda5. I would check the very bottom of your list of games. I had a similar things happen and I thought it had been deleted but really had just been placed at the very bottom of my list. Here's hoping.
  • @aash1234, are you talking about Hoggy or RWK? This is a RWK thread and yes, if that showed up on a RWK level that would totally be the craziest thing! Ha. :)
  • edited July 2018
    No fomb, this is an issue that bit me quite a few times and one I’ve reported many times in this thread as well lol. I have lost a couple of levels this way etda5, it really sucks! One of them was “DMD’s Scrolltext”, which took me ages to make and took a lot of effort. I almost cried when the app crashed after renaming as I just knew the level was gone! I did remake that level but have lost an even bigger level this way that I just can’t be bothered to remake.

I have tested and this is what you should do, IF you want to rename your level...

Close RwK and all other apps as well and reboot our phone, then try to rename the level. This is the only way I’ve found, short of just not renaming the level, to ensure the app won’t crash after a rename.
  • That stinks. I knew that had happened to you a bunch @fnanfne. That's brutal. I was just hoping maybe for etda5 it was the thing I had run into where I thought I lost a level but hadn't. It's weird, I've renamed a bunch of levels but haven't encountered that horrible glitch. I wonder if it's one that effects iphone and not android? If that's the case there might be a way to identify the problem and figure out what's working in one version verse the other. However, I'm thinking updates are done for.  So, probably won't happen but could be useful for Hap2?
  • I just experienced the name change/level disappearing glitch. Wow. Spent a really long time designing a level that was tentatively called “new.” I went and changed the name and added tags, closed that settings box, and the game crashed. I reopened the app and that level was just gone. @raptisoft what’s the deal?
  • Oh no! It must be how the iPhone and the app manage memory together or something to do with multitasking. After an app crash like that, you’ll find you’re able to rename levels ad-infinitum. Only when using the app for quite a while will there be a chance of an app crash. I’ve also noticed crashes when continuing a level sometimes, thankfully nothing happens in this case, like wiping your progress.

So before renaming a level, it’s prudent to first close the app completely then reboot the phone to avoid a potential crash!
  • Hello again. Thought I’d pop back in. Sorry I don’t really hang out that much.

I don’t know what numbers we’re on so I’m not going to number these...

Suggestion: Allow custom music urls to be visible so that edits can be made. Or just an edit option instead of an erase option.

Suggestion: Blocks that appear when triggered. Like, shoot a thing, and a bridge appears. Or pass a thing and a gate closes, stopping the kitten from falling into lava. I’m imaginging it would be like a set of two or more blocks that when triggered would insert blocks between the points, or like the Haxxor blocks, but in reverse.

Suggestion: Block that requires all enemies to be eliminated before disappearing. Or all enemy types. That might break some games where a large red boss throws a smaller boss through a ceiling you can’t pass through though...

Suggestion: Robot self destruct. Basically a button or something that returns robot to the last checkpoint automatically. Something that the robot has right off the bat. If implemented, I think it should be something that makers can toggle off and on, but is default to on. I know some makers intentionally want to punish players by making them restart a level, but I think a lot of makers don’t think about how players might not approach their level in the same way that they do as the builder and have unintended dead ends or traps that force the player to start over.

Suggestion: Enemy type that can absorb other enemies and grows in size, speed and damage. Possibly jumps in an arch at odd lengths, or zig zags from floor to ceiling while advancing forward and backwards. Maybe looks like a frog or a snake (like the snake gets longer, like a game of snake https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snake_(video_game_genre). Maybe it dies in segments?

Bug: When making a level, if I have a group of too many blocks and go to start painting them the app crashes. Don’t know if there’s a fix for that. I’m not sure of the exact number, but it was the height of however many blocks the robot can fall right before exploding X 16 blocks wide. Which, I know is a lot of blocks! So, yeah, probably my fault.

Bug: So, a preamble: I’ve been working on a level since like late February/early March. At this point it’s pretty big, and play testing takes about two hours. I’m like halfway done...
    I’ve started having an issue where the light gray color will somehow re-color other color blocks in a radius (for a lack of a better word). It’s random, and I’ve only seen it happen with the two green colors so far. Probably my fault for having too much stuff in the file. Don’t know if there’s a fix for that.

PS: I’m sorry if the level I’m making is taxing on your server. It all got out of hand and I’ve just been enjoying taking my time and making a level.

Also, thanks! When the update came through I was happy to see the option to add text!! I meant to jump on here and say thanks when it came through...
  • Great suggestions, looking forward to your level!
  • Does @raptisoft still check these?
  • Thanks!

I deleted the app for a year and came back when I saw there had been an update. But I lost my old levels. I also forgot what username I was using (Zephy I think?).

This started off as me trying to remake my old level, The Castle, but it’s gotten a little out of hand, and I’m loving playing around with all the new stuff.

But yeah, Imma disappear now.
  • edited November 2018
    SUGGESTION:

I think this has been mentioned before but in case not, it would be nice to have the ability to upload a level to Maker Mall privately. So perhaps a "Private" tag?

Some folks are doing so as a way to preserve the level in a form. App crashes sometimes causes the level to be completely wiped and when you open the app again, the level is gone.

Either that, or the ability to download the level onto your device OR dependable safety measures to ensure a level does not get wiped in the event of an app crash?
  • Aight I got a glitch/bug
    Bug #Idk lol
    If robot dies as a boss dies, the boss blocks won't get obliterated. Oof
    Plz fix this I've restarted too many times on DMD's "Tale Of The Lost Coins" because of this
  • ISSUE:

This hasn’t been brought up before but there is a slight issue with the music. Whenever the robot dies, the first song will start playing again. It would be nice to have this music issue fixed, maybe in HH2 :)
  • Fnanfne, I think that it's the Game Resets the Song Back to the First Song Used as intended (unless it wasn't like that earlier).
    And as I already said in your level, on some devices the "Profile Check" is accessible at Comments Section by hitting the bottom of the screen).
  • Bug/Issue/Inquiry:

Do the springs max out at 40 blocks high?

For example, I have made a spring 100 springs tall but the robot only bounces up 40 blocks. It was also bouncing up this high when I had the spring 20 springs tall.

Suggestions:

• Doppelgänger Robot boss, mirrors whatever power/health your robot’s currently at.

• Options for enemies to respawn after a set time. I was thinking about this being a scale that you choose in the menu, like the conveyer belt speed. And/or a radio button to choose if no one respawns, only grunts respawn, or if bosses and grunts respawn. If bosses can respawn though, should boss gates also respawn, or do they unlock new boss gates?
  • ISSUE: Ads

I haven't been "helping" Raptisoft by watching an ad before I play each time for a while now, which I feel terrible about. I would like to make a bigger effort in doing this however, the ads are very intrusive when I do watch 'em. Intrusive in the sense that some ads will blaze their very loud sounds even though my phone is on silent. This is very bad and a reason I don't "help" more often. Could this be looked at so ads obey the silent switch?
  • SUGGESTION:

I've heard a little one close to me ask "Why are there no default levels which use the new blocks?" and this got me wondering the same thing. @Raptisoft would you consider expanding the default levels by a few new ones? OR make a few new ones in Maker Mall? With the same breath, it would be cool to hear your beepbox skills so a new music block with some funky new tunes would be awesome!
  • That would be a very good idea :)
  • ISSUE: Spam

So it’s no surprise that the Maker Mall’s are suffering egregious spamming.

It is not fair to other level makers, who might have spent months on their level, only for some curious and trigger happy newcomer(s) to completely flood the MM with dozens of effortless levels made in minutes.

PROPOSAL:

I don’t know why this isn’t a thing but please consider limiting the amount of levels makers can share on a daily basis. One level a day seems more than reasonable. This will have a number of positive consequences like the maker hopefully spending a little more time/effort into making their level.
  • ISSUE: Spam

Another new “crews” account just uploaded 27 levels in one go before another player broke that streak by uploading one of theirs. It’s now at 30 levels shared in one go with no sign of stopping.

Ridiculous form of abuse is it not?
  • This should  be taken care of in the next couple 'O days.

• This is music to my ears :D The spamming stopped at 63 levels, probably due to a dead battery lol
  • IOS 13.0 issues? Just updated my phone and now I can't see the level names in maker mall. Am I the only one? Is there a patch in the works?
  • Yes, the iOS 13.0 update has broken RWK. The menu interface is all glitchy where only a portion of the screen can be seen and there’s a few gameplay elements that are broken too. The ones I’ve found are the conveyors no longer animate and the green worms are now invisible.
  • edited October 2019
    I hope that update is coming soon hey. This “Crews” character is making multiple new accounts each and every day, the total is now on 41.

So there are at least 41 separate accounts created by the same person who ceaselessly spams the MM with the same old levels, to a large extent.
  • I’m on iOS 13 with no issue
  • Updated app and still issues.

...comments are no longer available. I mean it is just gone.
    ...controls still wonky.
    ...menu in upper left corner is partially cut off

I am using Version 4.1 on iPhone Xr, Software Version 12.4.1

• I was playing Fnanfne's level "The Borg". When I started the level, everything was normal. I could play the level without suspecting anything. I had to restart the level because the level has "Don't get all coins" requirement, which I failed because I didn't believe Fnanfne would make intentional Level Fail. I like the level so I restarted it.

Halfway through I had to leave the game, I returned 20 minutes later. When I resumed the level, I saw very weird thing. Every monster, power-up and Kitty.. disappeared. I tried to find out what caused it, but all I can say is that it happened three times total, only when resuming his level.

It's the very first time I'm seeing this bug.
  • ISSUE: Controls on iOS 13.3

Since the iOS update, the controls in RwK are buggy. When the directional buttons are pressed at their edges, there is a half second or so delay. This is giving me quite a hard time doing precision-jump levels. Please, please can this be looked at? I’m on an iPhone 7 with iOS 13.3 (17C54)
  • edited January 2020
    I'm starting to feel that iOS gets updates to ruin the life of game developers..