Bugs/Issues/Suggestions

12346»

Comments

• This is becoming a big pain. The above mentioned issue occurs the whole time and not just when the button is pressed on the edges as initially reported. I'm having a very hard time playing normal easy/kid type levels not even to mention the super fun/hard ones. Thinking of getting a new phone! Am I the only one with this problem?
  • Super late suggestion for you Fnanfne, and apologies if you’ve already tried this. Have you tried moving your buttons around trough Menu>Setup>Controls: Tweak?
  • Yes I have, like two years ago with the first Android update :)

This isn’t about button placement, I have two year’s worth of muscle memory of my current layout.

I’d be looking at the button I’m about to hit like a directional one, press it dead center and see robot moving 2-3 seconds later. It’s quite apparent but I can’t capture this in a video for Raptisoft Tech support. Maybe if I can show when the buttons are being pressed it’ll become clearer but not sure how to do that with an unjailbroken phone!
  • I think your phone is the actual issue. If you could make backups of every level I'd suggest to do it and then clear game data but I know you can't do that on unjailbroken iOS phone. It's very easy on Android phones and when I was still making levels I would usually make a copy of said level.

When I said to you I had similar issue, it was because my phone battery was almost dangerous to use (I had to buy a replacement as despite the fact I know my phone is terrible, I like it. Shipping costs was almost half the cost of said battery for unknown reason.)
  • I hope you're correct, I've been thinking this myself! Asked Raptisoft if they have other device on iOS 13 they can test. If it does turn out to be my phone, I’ll be happy as I can just upgrade or at the very least, replace the battery.
  • Battery is only an issue if it shows signs of being damaged or is at the end of its life (like battery draining very fast or physical signs, both of these happened to me. And I was stupid enough to not see what was happening to it for around three weeks).

Not all devices can support every game but if the game worked fine for you for a long time there's a high chance that the phone updates make it less compatible with the game (Or another the game is less compatible with the device).

Off-topic: For me Hoggy 2 didn't want to work at all at first but once it started working properly it was fine. But even now if I'm doing a level, if it gets large enough the level might crash the game upon checking level settings.
  • edited January 2020
    The reason I’ve thought this was because Apple admitted to the speculation that their devices will eventually start sacrificing CPU cycles in order to prolong battery life. This doesn’t feel like that, it feels like buggy software. I would’ve thought that if this was the case, that it would be constant and gradual. It feels jerky/buggy but like I said, I hope you’re correct. I can get the battery replaced for £50 and that is a small price to pay (cough-cough) to enjoy this game again like I used to.
  • I think it's not the reason why the game has these problems for you. I can only think about all the options what could have possibly cause the game to start bugging like that. I know that it's a major inconvenience and I hope you will find the cause and solution so you will have 100% fun playing the game.

Do the bugs happen at RWK only (if you play other games aside from it)? What about controls at Hoggy, do you have similar issues while playing levels?
  • Hey now that is a good question! Okay I’ll be playing some more hoggy levels to check for sure.
  • I haven't check the forum in a long while, so sorry if this has already been addressed, but an odd bug I noticed (Android version, Pixel 3 phone) is that most of the buttons are almost not operational, unless I flip my phone. In one orientation the buttons pretty much fail to work, flip my phone around, the app flips, and all is good.
    It's odd. There's no problem with the phone sensitivity as no other app has this issue, but odd.
    I should also say that on my older Android this isn't an issue.
  • Interesting. I also have a Pixel 3, and I have not experienced and loss of sensitivity in either screen orientation.
  • edited February 2020
    Just for the sake of updating this thread, having played hoggy for quite a bit, I have not noticed the same behaviour so seems to be RwK specific. I wonder if it's because my game data is getting too large, it's almost 300MB and I have over 200 levels in the Maker Mall Level Editor. Does anyone have an iPhone on iOS 13 (iPhone X or later) who can report having similar experiences playing RwK currently?
  • 300MB worth of levels in RWK is a lot.. Can you backup all levels to check if RWK will work better without all that additional data?
  • iPhone XS here, basically the same issues you describe. It‘s hard to put in words, because when I deliberately try to explore the non-responsive and responsive button areas, they appear to be at different places everytime.
    Sometimes they are clearly off, this is when what you describe as „muscle memory“ fails.
  • I lost the level Hysteria again after renaming it. After a day of pulling my hair out, I recalled dmd confirmed that you can restore your iPhone and retain all your levels so I held my breath and did a restore, it worked and the level that got deleted was back! But the non-responsive button issue persisted. I could try a factory reset as you suggest to test with a clean profile, then I could just do another restore afterwards.

Interesting dmd thanks for the input, the plot thickens!
  • As DMD has similar issues it's got to be problem with device updates or the phone itself. I wonder how are you even able to make and upload levels despite these harmful issues :)
  • I didn't play the game since it got updated but when I updated the game and tried to play it, the game shows loading screen (First time it shows "Fetching Data..") and crashes. That happens every time.
  • This happens even after reinstalling the game..
  • Hey, i know this thread is pretty old but i know some stuff that could make level creation more interesting!

1 Make the spring interact with enemies and Kitty! This could make interesting scenarios including trying to chase Kitty up a tower and stuff like that, also slopes made from enemies could be made then!

2 Make a ZOOM APP removal thingie available.

• I know that this is a very old discussion, but I have a couple of suggestions.
    1#: Ice Block. A very slippery ice block that robot almost can't move on.
    2#: Move Blocks. Blocks that move.
    3#: Triggers. When robot touches a trigger, something happens.
    That's all the suggestions I have! Have a good day!