Bugs/Issues/Suggestions

Comments

• No, you will receive the heart after the last boss (except for the guardian next to the virus room) has been terminated.
  • When the robot touches the side or jumps into the bottom of a lava block it takes away a heart instead of killing. You can still rocket up into the lava and die instantly though.
  • @fnanfne - if it’s intentional it’s not very logical!

I think you are describing the same bug as DMD described. According to his theory, when we’re getting stuck there is in fact a boss door opening, just not the one that is supposed to open.

I got stuck on the brick well boss last time too!
  • When you quit then continue a level, the phages turn into robot radios. Also, a spring melted by acid will be able to be bounced on again.
  • Hehe, I thought level makers were replacing the phages with radio points lol oh dummy me.

I also noticed playing DMD’s that the bricks repair themselves if left alone for long enough. This used to refresh whenever you quit/play that same level again not it happens within the same session but after a while.

So jamesh, getting stuck in the brick well then means another boss door have opened? Hmmm okay then it is the same thing we’re describing
  • I've been getting a new bug lately. When typing comments some of my keys are getting swapped. It's not a nearby slip, but distant, like I'll try to type an "s" and get an "o". It's been happening a lot lately. Anyone else?

I wondered if it was my phone since there hasn't been an update to change things, but I don't have this problem when typing anything else on my phone (texts, emails, etc...)
    I'm on Android N using a Nexus 6.

• Hm, strange... Android keyboards are VERY persnickety, though, and other developers register complaints about have to do special code for special systems.  Fomb, if you can ever capture it in a little movie or something so I can see it exactly, it might be helpful for diagnosing.
  • @raptisoft, will do. I've made several attempts but, of course, it's not doing it now that it knows it'll get caught. I'll keep trying and grab a video when it's doing it again. However, it not doing it consistently kinda makes me think it might be my phone more than the game...but like I said it doesn't do it anywhere else.
  • Okay... if you ever do catch it, let me know.  But Android is famous for keyboard problems because every android maker can make their own keyboard interface-- and they may or may not integrate it 100% perfectly.
  • I've tried like a dozen times now to catch it doing that thing, but I can't, which is really making me think my device was just freaking out and is now better. It was doing it consistently for a few days but now nothing. I'm guessing it's nothing to worry about, my device just had a panic attack or something. ;)
  • BUG:
    Another player found a bad bug.

If you’re sticking on velcro directly above some spikes, you can get stuck permanently.
  • I agree. And is it just me or does the rocket-insta-death over lava seem worse than before? I remember it happening on occasion, but now it seems it's like 60-70 percent of the time.
  • edited June 2018
    Haven’t noticed as I try to avoid that whenever I can by jumping before zooming across. Strange as the robot will just lose a heart when zooming straight into lava (or even launching at times) but die instantly when trying to zoom OVER it.
  • Suggestion: what about an icon that REMOVES a heart? Several people are placing hearts in levels that allow you to survive a "moat" of several serpents. But if they could position an icon that removed a previously-granted heart, they could design it so you can only enter a room once (or not leave it again until you find another heart to replace the lost one). Might add a new wrinkle to the game.
  •  I like the minus-heart idea. Could be fun.
  • BUG:

Pills have a funky behaviour when existing/resuming a level. If there is one pill for a given monster (which is still too far away from the Robot to move, in order to eat the pill) and you exit/resume the level, you will notice the monster has munched two pills (or be powered up twice with just one pill) when you get to it and this happens again with another exit/resume. So a monster can be powered up to the max even though it only munched one pill, if the player does not play the whole level in one go.
  • @fnanfne, that's quite interesting. Could be fairly problematic too (maybe useful in some way?).

Also, the recent level "bounce throo block" by get_kitty_everyday has an interesting instant death glitch in it.
    I can't really figure out what is making the robot die. It's the helmet and spring thing, but the death is a bit of a mystery.
    Any ideas?
  • I discovered that glitch with my autobot levels, I think it's the acid underneath. If you replace the acid on either side of the bouncer, the insta-death should go away.

As for the pills, I like to use coloured themes in some of my levels and so I purposefully colour all the monsters the same. But this all goes out of the window at the moment! Not to mention my self diagnosed OCD seeing pills astrewn throughout levels, yuuk!
  • I really wish we could get the boss glitch attended to, it’s really frustrating
  • Here’s a weird one - lately my phone screen has been flashing from normal screen to black for a few seconds and back to normal. It’s been doing it much more frequently lately. Only happens with RWK no other apps. I’m on an iPhone 7
  • edited June 2018
    Have you dropped your phone really hard? While in this state, could you try to rename a level you don’t care to lose? I have a theory that when you do, the app will crash and wipe the level.
  • The thing is, it only happens with rwk, so I don’t think dropping it would not be relevant. I can’t do anything when it’s like that all functionality is disabled and I have to quit out of rwk and reopen.
  • This is really just an interesting and somewhat useful bug I noticed.
    You know the new chomper guys? That only attack when you turn your back on them?
    Well, you can tap back and forth, timing it right and be either facing them and they still attack or facing away and they don't.
    It's like you can send them the wrong signal, that's you're facing a direction that you aren't.

It can be useful to face away from them and shoot stuff without them attacking.
    It can also be useful to face them and shoot at them while they attack to make them all bunch together.

Just thought I'd mention it. Can be fun in certain levels.
  • Always good to share fomb :) I can't replicate this on my iPhone, how long exactly should the robot flip back/forth before this happens? Will keep trying, nice find!
  • You know, I am wondering if it is a level-specific glitch. I noticed it on my Anti-gun level when I was trying to herd the chompers into a ball so I actually could use the gun. I then tried to make a level where it would be somewhat necessary to do, but then I couldn't get it to happen again.

...but I did get it to happen on another level that wasn't mine. So, I dunno.
    Kind of a mystery.
  • edited July 2018
    Many annoying glitches seem to be back but all the fun ones not. This is super annoying. Any chance you could fix this Raptisoft???

Bring back lava walk!

Bring back one-way barriers which are passable

Destroy the boss door glitch!

Destroy the door lock/switch glitch! (Robot can shoot though a wall to activate a switch)

Pretty please!

*I thank Zeus on a daily basis that the haxxor glitch hasn’t reappeared again.
  • The boss door one is such a pain, ruins good levels! I miss lava walking but I never thought of that as a glitch anyway. If you’re invulnerable then you’re invulnerable!
  • I agree with all of this. We've lost a lot of good and fun abilities.
  • I had finished creating a level, and while building the level I used a placeholder name ("R" or something like that). After finishing the level, I went to change the name, and when I hit "done" to save the name, the game crashed. When I reopened the game, my level had disappeared.
  • I’ve got the craziest bug ever. My entire thing got deleted and it says “FRUIT DESTROYED. CANNOT GET KEY” at the beginning. I need to send the picture to you somehow.