Post any glitches here!

edited February 2019 in Chuzzle
I don't have proof for most of them but I'd like to list them here anyway, just so it's easier for the developer to know what's wrong with the game.

Chuzzarium related bugs:
You can refill food bowls even if they're full, not sure if intended;
Sometimes, Chuzzles are positioned behind objects (furniture), or in front of them (for example, the food bowl they're eating from), purely random;
Red Poof costs 31 coins, meanwhile other Poofs cost 30 coins;
Get Coins button doesn't specify the amount of coins (intended?);
Stinky seems to have a huge appetite, eating abnormal amounts of food, and starving insanely fast;
Sometimes, when returning to Chuzzle 2 while in Chuzzarium from another app, Squeakers can be seen shaking continuously, without sound, but the app won't respond. The game doesn't have to be in the Chuzzarium to not respond, but it has to return from another application (using recent apps, mostly);
Sometimes, Squeakers, uh, squeaks, insanely often for apparently no reason;
Sometimes, Chuzzles can stay on some object margins which do not exist, for example, a food bowl, and Celestial stands on its right, but in the air, as if the bowl was a floor;
Sometimes, items can be placed inside pipes and they won't fall down, or into a floor;

Ads related bug:
Sometimes, when a Raptisoft ad occurs (for the other games, like Solomon's Boneyard), the button to close it sometimes doesn't work. As a workaround, the back button closes the ad, but it only happens as a failsafe... (intended?);

Main app bugs:
When the cache is flushed, the textures aren't reloaded. Instead, the game looks like a garbled mess, until the app is force closed and restarted (still playable);

Gameplay bugs:
When a challenge fails, the player can still use boosters, only to waste them. Insta-win can also be used the same way, but it will cancel the defeat, and not render its usage useless;
Sometimes, you can use a hint to drain your percentage of your progress AFTER you've won;
Sometimes, in Gold Chuzzle Challenge, even if all the squares are golden, the end-level transition won't occur. As a workaround, you MUST use a hint, or Surrender;
In challenges where you have to clear a set amount of Chuzzles (and not %), if you match 6 or more Chuzzles in a group (same color), it would turn random Chuzzles into Super Chuzzles. These 6 pairs of eyes DO count in the bottle progress, but the visuals do NOT update;
In duel mode (vs. ChuzzOS), after defeating the opponent, if you still have a lock on your progress bar, you can delay the time until the end level transition occurs by using the locks just before the "no more moves" effect ends on your opponent's side. This will reset it, and if you can make a few fast moves, you can delay it even further;
When shaking a row of Chuzzles, it turns them dizzy. A Super Chuzzle will also turn dizzy, but its eyes won't go back to normal, instead, they will face a set direction, while the body is still shaking;
Sometimes, locked Chuzzles will close their eyes to blink, but their eyes will stay closed until they're popped (or unlocked);
The game still transitions to Puzzle Room at the end of a Level, even after completing all puzzles and collecting all Collectibles;
You can't cash out from a game unless you have atleast 4k and something points;

I'll try to update the discussion with new bugs and/or remove the patched ones.

Comments

• I emailed Rapti about the Red Poof being 31 instead of 30 coins during the beta. His response?

"Red is my favorite color, so it's more expensive. :)"
  • Here are the glitches I've found:

Chuzzarium 

Purple wallpapers and tables are 1 extra coin instead of red costing 1 extra coin.
    If there's a Chuzzle eating and you enter and exit the shop, the Chuzzle will be in front of the bowl instead of behind.
    Items can be placed inside the floor above a pipe, so that they are stuck inside the floor.

Ads

For Raptisoft game adds, the X button is sometimes in the left, sometimes in the right.

Gameplay

The glitch involving REAL raptured Chuzzles (under Game-breaking Glitch).
    When you have a super Chuzzle left over from the previous round and play a Mystery Chuzzle level, there's a small chance that one of the Mystery Chuzzles will be a super Chuzzle, in which case you can see its color from its aurora.
    The "Awkward Glitch" found by Rainbowmon.
    When you win a level and the essence of Chuzzle goes into the Chuzzle, there are occasionally strange spiral graphics.
    The puzzles don't lock into place in the background, even when complete.
    Occasionally you can win a blue or purple level with the bottle saying that you got one less Chuzzle than needed, and sometimes saying that you got a few more.

I didn't list the ones I'd found that Mettlesphee listed, but I hope this helps!
  • And another thing in the Chuzzarium, though it's not necessarily a glitch;

Sometimes when I move around the Chuzzarium, an object is grabbed and moved instead of moving the camera.  This has happened to me several times, with many Chuzzles getting mad for taking their toys.  (Once I accidentally dropped a Chuzzle into the jail!)  A fix for this would be making the moving mechanism either a tap and hold then move or have an edit button.
  • Stats Bug

So I was curious about EXACTLY what my high score was...

But I noticed it was showing something WAY lower than what I knew it was. And it was showing my Highest Level Reached was Level 2 as well, when I know I've reached AT LEAST Level 6 before.

After a bit of looking around trying to figure out what was going on, I realized the Highest Score and Highest Level Reached was identical to my current ongoing game from a few days ago.

I also (whilst looking back to see if any other stats seemed off whilst typing this) noticed the Classic Mode Best Score was 0, even though I know I've played it once before (emphasis on once).

I took screenshots, and intend not to mess with it. I don't think all of the stats are off, but I know the ones mentioned are. Perhaps this should be looked into?
  • That reminds me of something I found in the stats too.

I got a new device, but decided to designate to only playing zen mode, so I used the IMISSCHUZZLE1 code.

After a few days of peaceful zen playing, I decided to check my stats.

It said I had broken zero locks.  Good.
    It also said I had broken seven locks in one move.  Not so good.

I didn't look at anything else, but I do have a screenshot of those stats.
  • Not sure if glitch or intentional, but hubby & I noticed a difference in Chuzzarium costs. Mine says 500 and his says 750. Differences in our games is he has racked up over a 1000 coins playing Zen and I haven't reached that yet. Just curious if the cost of goodies rises as you try to make enough to buy them.
  • You mean for the "More Room" upgrade?

I can't confirm because I haven't gotten it yet and don't have emough coins, but if you can purchase it multiple times to get more and more space, and other games are anything to go by, it probably gets more expensive the more times you upgrade it. Are we sure that's not what's happening?
  • That's what it was. Hubby got the extra rooms unknowingly. We never compared room numbers.
  • I bought the big honger bowl several times, but it disappeared when I moved it in the chuzzarium. Did it 3 times - lost my coins :-( i succeeded in bying and moving 1 bowl. Sooooo i kinda lost a lot of dough :-(
  • I can’t access my Chuzzarium anymore! Every time I open the game it glitches and closes down when I try to go into my Chuzzarium!!
  • Just noticed in the Chuzzarium you only can show up to 999 coins. The extra are there as I purchased numerous items before it dipped below 999.
  • I couldnt Enter my chuzzarium either anymore. tried to re-install... that was stupid... I lost all my chuzzles and all the crap i bought :-( ... how about some kind of save or sync option?!
  • When I start the game, after level 1 I get where it says click on Chuzzlemama and when I do, nothing happens.  seems like game is stuck.  Am I doing something wrong or is that a bug?  also I cannot delete players.
  • Two things, neither major I don't think... Noticed lately there's been more freezing up when I line chuzzles up. Also just a funny but when one of the Lil fuzzballs is playing piano they will disappear occasionally.
  • Something happened to my game, I lost all my puzzles and now I am only getting the bottom corner piece of chwave everytime I do get a puzzle piece. Any advice?

• My chuzzoline disappeared as I was placing it... emailed tech support and apparently it's a known bug the devs are working on.
  • I can't get stinky in the jail. What do I do so he won't anger my other Chuzzles?
  • I lost my piano :((((
  • I have tons, with most tested up to level 18 of the kid's mode:
    (Game-breaking) At any random time in-game, chuzzles can disappear whilst making a move. Unsure why it happens, but the game is shockingly stable when this happens; that being said, if your only move left on the board is that chuzzles, you lose. Try this on the Sun Chuzzle, where it happens to me the most. Watch out for large chuzzles when this happens, as it can erase more than one at a time!
    I'll post more when I have time. That's really the only "bug" versus other "glitches" I've discovered.
  • ...Wait, huh?

I'm confused, Quazzle. Can you provide a screenshot of what you meant?

Alternatively, are you referring to this? https://photos.app.goo.gl/VJh2rHj485PXfEzD8 (Photo isn't mine; was taken from http://www.raptisoft-forums.com/discussion/1007/game-breaking-glitch#latest)
  • Rainbowmon, I think that's what it is.
    Here's the worst of it in one screenshot: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/584473705829105664/584474865810145290/image0.png
  • Some other interesting things I've discovered is it is hard to feed angry chuzzles the macaroon; it takes either a couple of minutes or a bunch of attempts, idk. I can also confirm that it is hard not to disturb Chuzzles playing or doing anything.
    (Exploit) Failing or exiting a level can be quickly evaded by exiting out of the app. I can't say for sure, but any powerups used during that time won't be recovered so no fair cheating there.
    When completing a level, as soon as the rainbow spirals appear, you can enter multitasking/double click home button/quickly 3D touch and come back to speed up the Chuzzles on the map to be popped.
    Careful on that one though, because there's a bug that still has the Chuzzle on their respective level selection that can completely ignore your win, unless you tap the X on the top right quick enough for it to count. Otherwise, you'll have to redo the whole thing again!

Finally, in Zen mode, so much as locking the screen or somehow get out of the app (like the speeding up trick just above), the flask will disappear, and any matches after it disappearing won't count towards your progression to your trinkets. Curiously, the score does keep increasing, and the ghost eyes after matching will fly off the board randomly. Again, I'm surprised how stable this game is with all of these bugs!
    Next, the different types of modes
  • edited June 2019
    Huh. I thought Rapti managed to fix the "Chuzzle holes" glitch... Maybe it hasn't come out for the public version yet; I'm in the beta.

As for that one thing where you can trick the game into thinking a challenge you just won wasn't beaten at all, it doesn't surprise me. It's actually possible to re-enter a challenge or enter another challenge whilst the Rainbow Spiral animation plays; I've done it accidentally a couple times before (not intentionally though, and I wouldn't be surprised if it were frame perfect or close to it), and if you do, it'll reset the previous challenge, unless you re-entered the previous one and won. It's super rare though - like I said, it's only really happened to me a couple of times - and it doesn't reset the entire game's progress or anything crazy like that, so I don't think it's *too* major right this moment.
  • Those were delayed (idk if this one will be) but I haven't had any issues since the latest update that said it only fixed Chuzzlarium and iCloud stuff. I'll keep you updated if I see it again though.
  • I think it's safe to say the Chuzzle hole glitch has been fixed!
    Now when will I be able to correctly feed Chuzzles cupcakes and macaroons…?
  • I do still have some bugs left to report:
    First off, I check this morning and a majority of my Chuzzles have "normal" statuses, meaning hardly any had the "…+20 mood" thing. Not only that, when I let Stinky out to eat, he ate an ENTIRE full Honger Bowl, and was still starving! This is wayy too much than what he usually eats, for sure. What gives?
    Next, the locks in-game (Kid's Mode from testing.) Someone's already reported stuck lock bars despite all locks being cleared on said level type, so that's still a thing. But I've noticed in weird circumstances you can have locks double up in some way. I'm not sure what all the differences in Kid's Mode is apart from instant Chuzzle vibration hints, but there seems to be a lock limit, making the Speed and Blitz modes a little easier, if you're lucky; anyways, in reference to just the lock mode, the best way to replicate this bug is when you are at the lock limit. The next match can fail to place and clear the bar, but it just fills right back up. This is also tedious when you cascade before a match or blow up a Chuzzle to break the lock(s).

I've got more to say, but again, I can't seem to find the right time to do so.
  • While I have time and signal, I'll try to report more.
    This just in: I unlocked a piano for the Chuzzlarium! …except I can NOT get back in because it keeps crashing! :(
    Other things: Any mode requiring you to be fast ("those" three) can be paused by opening your powerups as long as you have more than one unique powerup (ex. must be a star; having only multiple of one powerup won't work), which can be helpful for seeking out your next move.
    Also, could a mini-tutorial of the Chuzzlarium be added for new players, and maybe a better mechanic with Stinky than just feed and lock up?
  • Still can get into the chuzzlarium. It crashes. Please fix this bug
  • Having the same problem with the Chuzzarium. The game immediately crashes when I go to it. Accessing trophies, puzzles and the other games modes works just fine. 
  • I purchased a purple table for the chuzarium. It doesn't not drop to the ground. It blinks "move me" and only the background moves not the table. Makes it hard to see the emotions of the chuzzles. also makes it hard to move around. Have purchased a blue table and worked fine