Some answers I got from raptisoft about burning questions for Hamsterball 2

edited July 2021 in Hamsterball
So I have gotten in contact with someone from Raptisoft and got some answers to some common questions about Hamsterball and Hamsterball 2. More info can be found on my Hamsterball discord discord.com/invite/hpsd4FX

Comments

• I doubt this conversation took place.
  • This is not legit.
  • Ok so,

The Raptisoft Facebook page is fan run. It is not run by Raptisoft. There person on the interview is not a Raptisoft employee but is in the know. As such, most of what was said is correct, but not all. 

I am opening this back up for discussion on what was stated in the interview.
  • edited July 2021
    Thanks for the clarification! The Facebook page looked official because new announcements and such were made there (see here: https://imgur.com/a/rfp5ptL ). In the interview the page said "we" and terms that suggested to be official. The page links to the official website and has a "Entertainment Website" page type. Nothing on the page specified if it was legit or not (Which it NEEDS to, the page should be taken down for impersonation, which is a whole other problem than this interview). This is still an interesting conversation and brings new ideas and theories to light. (see convo proof here: https://youtu.be/jOgZ35Gniks ) Thank you for opening the discussion back up.
  • edited July 2021
    The FaceBook page is run by a person who helps Raptisoft in beta testing, as per my knowledge (I'm not naming names). There is no impersonation here. I'm sure John has access to this page too, and this person is helping run the page.
  • Snackers is right. It is not impersonation per se, John is fine with the page.

• edited July 2021
    Last I knew TheDorkLord and Rastapopoulon ran it.
  • The conversation also mostly just states stuff that we already knew or you can find in places so nothing too fancy
  • Is Hamsterball a currently supported game?  Does it run properly in Windows 10 (I'm only running the demo version; and I couldn't quit it... and even Force Quit didn't work.  Had to shut down my computer to reclaim it!)?  Is Hamsterball 2 going to be released?  Is Raptisoft still in business?
  • Raptisoft is indeed still in business, but keep in mind that it's an indie developer. The last time we got an update was in May from TheDorkLord, who's friends with John IRL, and is typically on the forums more often. We probably won't get a date until it's finished, though - otherwise everything that could go wrong will go wrong, and it'll end up being missed. http://www.raptisoft-forums.com/discussion/1364/quick-update#latest
  • Hamsterball hasn't had an update since before 2010 (I forget the exact year of the last update), so it's no longer supported, but that doesn't mean it's no longer playable.  The full version still runs fine on Windows 10 for most users.  For some users it gives an error message that sometimes varies, but we've been able to fix certain error messages.  As for not being able to exit the game, we've never heard of that happening before.  I'd guess that the full version would work, but I don't know for sure.