Solomon's Keep for Android

Comments

• Man... I really want to give you an idea of a timeline, but the curse, man.  The curse!  I can't risk triggering the curse!
  • There's only one curse I know, the Curse of Monkey Island :D
  • I loved this Game on my iPod touch. Hope it's getting finished for Android (soon) :)
  • Hopefully it would come out before my birthday. This would be one of the best birthday gifts ever.
  • edited June 2017
    Heya! I played Solomon's keep waaay back in the day when it first came out and to this day think it was one of the most enjoyable mobile gaming experiences I've ever had.

I broke my Android phone recently and had to use an iPhone for a bit (it totally jogged my memory of how amazing this game is...now that I've got a new Android and sold my iPhone I'm just itching to have that game back in the palm of my hands...totally don't want to have to buy an iPod or something silly for one game though)

Super surprised and optimistic about the recent porting news. The idea of playing SK on my giant Android phone is making me super happy :)

I also want to mention how god-dang charming the graphics are.
    It's nails the 90's pre-rendered aesthetic so perfectly its almost funny.  
    The textures aren't over-detailed and the character sprites have just the right amount of animation to them. 
    And stylistically its like all the best parts of Harvest Moon 64 are mashed up with all the best parts of Diablo 2...then displayed at a higher definition. Hell yeah!

I don't know if this was all done intentionally, if it was a result of developing for mobile devices back in the day or like a result of having a small staff but everything just fits perfectly....genuinely freaking out at the steam greenlight footage.  

Will definitely be building Solomon's keep on day one when it hits Android. Same with the windows remaster. 

Also have my fingers crossed that one day we'll get another Solomon's RPG, even if there's minimal story involved it would totally kick tushy...and twin stick horde/survival games are completely pee-peed out in my opinion, please avoid making one of those at all costs 
  • I. HAVE. BEEN. WAITING. FIVE. YEARS. FOR. THIS.
    I love you Raptisoft.

To the guy responsible for porting this:
    Imagine having your toes turned into curly fries. You have a great reputation. I know we both don't like the sound of curly toe fries. Let's not disappoint. We want that game.
    (side note: I'm not really threatening you, just trying to emphasize the point that us nerds are a bit finatic and depraved for waiting for this game for so long)
    *cracks whip*
    Chop chop!
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!
  • Hey! It's been 24 houra since I checked up on the thread! Maybe instead of giving us a date of delivery we could get an update of the progress (40% finished.... 60% finished etc) Also, perhaps starting an official Facebook page or twitter account would be a worthwile endeavor. If you need somebody to help out with social media I offer my humble services.
  • edited June 2017
    I think it's super tragic that a game like this that has held up so well over time is doomed to forever be vaporware on Android. I can't think of any other other game from five years ago that I want to play at all, let alone want to play this badly.
  • My porter flaked.  I'm porting it myself after I finish H2 mobile.  The code I wrote for H2 will allow me to port Solomon to Android pretty quickly.
  • You have terrible luck with porters. By chance have you ever offended a gremlin or leprechaun who would have wanted revenge on you? That may explain it.

I will say that you are fantastically talented and again, I'm still surprised by how relevant and awesome your Solomon games are this many years after release. I think the only games I have a similar positive feeling for are Goldeneye and Ocarina of Time for nintendo64.
  • Will you port Boneyard too? It's one of my favourite games ever
  • Yes... the nature of my code is such that if I port any one of my older games, they will all be ported.
  • :bz :bz :bz
    Looking forward to any Raptisoft appearance beside the non playable Hoggy 1 in the Google Play Store
  • Good luck with porting Raptisoft! Solomon's keep has been the only mobile game i have been waiting and constantly keeping an eye for since i changed to Android. I really hope you will be able to finish porting your series, a lot of people are looking forward to it!
  • Keep up the hard word Raptisoft! A lot of fans are looking forward to the masterpiece we so loved many years ago. (From a true believer who hasn't played Solomon's in years after leaving İphone)
  • That's awesome to hear! Can't wait to play the heck out of your games again :)
  • Ok. So I recently went looking for this game. Couldn't remember what it was called. Literally googled "apple game with wizards" and it was the 3rd result! Thank heavens. Unfortunately I only have an Android. Use to have an ipod touch but lost it. I used to play this game yeares ago!!! It was and still is my all-time favorite game! I then googled to see if there was an Android version and I saw this thread about it coming out soon! Just know that i specifically went out of my way to find out the name of the game, find this thread, create a login so i could comment, verify my email in order to comment.......all to let you know that I patiently and eagerly await the arrival of this fantastic game on Android!!!! Keep up the good work and have faith that it will be finished soon! I look forward to the release day....even if we don't get to know what that date is!!!!
  • Svarplaitis : Thank you so much for your kind words!
  • Now that Raptisoft has taken over the porting, it's almost sure to be released. The only question is when. So excited for this!
  • Bless your soul Raptisoft. I am also an excited individual awaiting for the Solomon series to reach Android! For years... best. game. ever.
  • Raptisoft you are the man! I will help promote this game out the wazoo when it hits the Play store!
  • So can we have a months date for this
  • Im slowly losing hope after years of waiting haha damn you universe of bad things happening delaying solomans keep
  • No dates, but I've already started work on it.  I have no choice but to port all the games to iOS11, which means they go into my new code framework, which means they work on Android too... so Solomon's Keep is either coming out for Android, or is vanishing from iOS too!
  • For two years I've kept searching the Solomon's saga games on google play, and finally there is hope!!!
    (I registered just for this message, just to let you know how in love I am with your work)

Be sure that I will promote your games to all my friends... probably all of us will do that

Can't you just reveal us how much work is left to be done 30%/40%/50%/60%?

From Italy with love
  • Also anxiously awaiting the nostalgia this will provide
  • Damn, I just started to accept the fate that I might never be able to play your games anymore.
    I still cry every day since I switched to android. Tears of joy were shed when noticing the dates on this thread.
  • I have many emails dating back to 2014 about this very topic. Last response I got was, "things changed, we're focused on hoggy now." So i gave up. Now i find this thread, with recent posts, and my hopes are up again. I have a dire need to melt skeletons with my icy staff. Dont let me down again. Please?!?
  • I won't!  I was employed at Cosmic Cow, working on Cubic Castles, so I could only devote evenings and weekends to my own projects-- thus Hoggy instead of Solomon.  But now things have changed-- again!