Game Crash Issue / Recommendations?

Hello, I just found an issue in RWK where the game reliably crashes. Sorry if this is a known glitch, I couldn’t find it anywhere and didn’t previously know about it. This glitch reliably crashes the game when the eye dropper monster drops a green projectile, the monster dies, then the green projectile hits a power up pill. I can only assume this is a result of the game being unsure how to properly deal with powering up a dead monster.

This is an issue for me because I designed, created, and painted an entire level around this mechanic, and this glitch renders my level unplayable. In my level, you sort of “shepherd” a green projectile downward, racing past it and activating doors faster than it falls so that it doesn’t get destroyed. At the end of the level, the projectile hits a pill which destroys one of the invincible green monster to unblock the path. In this level, the eyeball monster who spit the projectile had to be killed so that there is only a single projectile and not an unlimited stream.

Seeing as this glitch consistently crashes the game, and likely won’t ever get fixed, can anyone recommend an alternative trick or method to make this level work?

I would really appreciate any suggestions. Let me know if anyone needs more details about the level! Thank you!

Comments

• This is a very old glitch. Think mrgeko made a level showing this many, many moons ago. I do not have a solution other than to not design your level in this way, sorry.
  • Thank you for the quick response! That is unfortunate though. Do you know if there are any mechanics where you need to get hit and be in the robot’s flashing red invulnerable state? For example, the old lava walking glitch. I think that’s been patched but that would be an alternative way I could utilize the green projectile.

After thinking about it more, I think I’ll just make it so you have to get killed by the projectile at the bottom of the level. If you die too soon, you wouldn’t have the right key or power up required to get the kitty.