Designing Druid for fun

Well, it has been quite a while since I designed Samurai for fun. Though these add-on characters are far from being designed, I am just going to design it for fun and past time until SKUME comes out. Of course it is just a fan-speculation but I do hope this helps out in designing those character a bit some day. 

General info
1. General stat is pretty similar to mage: it has 100 mana and 100 health. 0 starting damage resistance.
2. Instead of firing a primary spell like mage when pressing attack button, Druid swings his weapon in a similar way of mage's melee attack.
3. The secondary skills of druid is called rune spell. All rune spells has 3 second cooldown which cannot be altered by any mean. Also, all rune spell's names are based on the actual runes with the same name and the ability of each rune spells have some relationship with the meaning of those actual runes.
4. During starting skill select, druid can choose one of the paths to start with. It is impossible for Druid to either change the path or learn other paths because changing path for Druid is like the priest of Thor decides to worship Loki as well.

Skill

Path of Snail
Blessing of the Slow: You lose movement speed(max 50%) and mana regen(max 50%) but gain higher attack damage, resistance, and max mana. The debuffs from this skill cannot be negated by buff or items and only applies if you are in combat.
Gebo(rune spell): Slow down everything else in the floor equal to half of caster's speed. This debuff does not stack.
Ignore Harm: Has chance to negate poison damage and any other attack which hit multiple times in a second(lightning, mouthlaser, etc).
Hagalaz(rune spell): Deal damage to all character nearby. The damage increases based on difference between caster's movement speed and target's speed.
Sluggish Smite: Reduce attack speed but increase attack damage and attack radius significantly.
Laguz(rune spell): Release a protective slime which gives buff to all nearby allied character and caster. The buff reduce incoming damage(50-90%) after being reduced by resistance for 2 seconds. Portion of reduced damage (5-20%) will also heal.
Isa(rune spell): Gain 100% movement reduction and 100% damage resistance for up to 5 seconds. 
Path of  Raven
Blessing of the Wise: Casting a spell gives bonus spell power(increase damage, barrier, movement speed, heal, etc) and mana cost increase. This can stack up to 10 times and last 10 seconds.
Raven Familiar: Gain a raven familiar which fires arcane bolt when druid attacks. This arcane bolt get stronger based on spell power.
Jera(rune spell): Empower next rune spell. 
-Inguz: Increase damage and knockback
-Algiz: Barrier gains 50% resistance and releases a shockwave upon expiring which deals damage based on remaining barrier health
-Kenaz: Can go through enemies and increase movement speed
-Ansuz: The spear now penetrates enemies.
Inguz(rune spell): Deals damage and knocks back all enemies in front of druid. 
Algiz(rune spell): Gain temporary barrier for 3 seconds.
Kenaz(rune spell): Gain movement speed and leave a trail of fire which burns enemies.
Ansuz(rune spell): Throw a runic spear, dealing high damage to a first target it hits. It ignores shield.

Path of Wolves
Blessing of the Furious: Gain attack speed and life steal as you lose health.
Wunjo(rune spell): Summon spirit wolves which fights nearby enemies for you. Wolves and druid shares bonuses and buffs. Having more than max number of wolves will make lowest health wolves to disappear.
Sowilo(rune spell): Command wolves to stay near Druid. While this is active, both wolves and druid gain resistance.
Uruz(rune spell): Command wolves to seek enemies. While this is active, both wolves and druid gain damage bonus and movement speed.
Silver Fang: Deals bonus damage to barriers and apply healing reduction debuff for 2 seconds
Innervate: Getting hit by an attack increases movement speed.
Fist of North Paw: Killed enemy explodes, dealing damage and knockback to nearby enemies.

Comments

• Path of Fungus
    Blessing of the Putrid: For every two second, druid emits a cloud of spores which deals damage over time to enemies and heal allies excluding druid himself. 
    Eiwaz(rune spell): Send forth a gust of spore cloud which applies spores to all entities.
    Berkana(rune spell): Turn nearby corpse and non-boss minion with max health of 2% or less into fungus golems. Fungus goelm can do melee attack and constantly emit spores.
    Return to Nature: Spore damage gain life steal.
    Hindering Fungus: Spore also slows enemies.
    Grasping Fungus: After spore expires, the enemy receives additional burst of damage and gets rooted for several seconds.
    Decaying Strike: Melee attack makes enemies to receive additional damage from any source of attack.

Common Skills
    Health up: same as mage
    Mana up: same as mage
    Channel Mana: same as mage
    Naturalize: If anyone dies near Druid, druid recovers portion of max mana.
    Rejuvenation: increase health regen
    Combat Mastery: Increase melee damage
    Fehu(rune spell): Refill portion of missing mana for portion of current health
    Othala(rune spell): Gain temporary bonus skill levels for rune spells.

• Wow peppermaster! All your designs are really cool and interesting. You should work with raptis! xD
  • Thank you, it would be a dream come true for me to work with him. :D
  • Hahaha raptis take note!
  • edited June 2018
    @peppermaster
    How do you feel about totems? (I’m thinking like those in World of Warcraft that you place and then they emit a buff/debuff in an area)
  • @Agratah
    I don’t feel like it fits with druid thematically. Totems are generally used in Native American culture and they are more like shaman than druid(in fact shamans are the one who uses totems in warcaft).

Of course, the idea of totem is not bad at all. In fact, I even thought of Samurai placing his family banner yo buff nearby allies or slow enemies. I just feel like totems should be used more for a shaman(if mr raptis makes it) than a druid.