Between Christmas and New Years

edited December 2018 in Anything else!
Hi all, this is your update for between Christmas and New Years... I will be somewhat antisocial because I normally eat a hardcore paleo diet, but I went to a family function where literally all food contained hidden wheat and sugar, which I ate of copiously before the concerned wife thought to stop me.  The results, which still continue, were so drastic and horrifying that I will feature them as a side quest in Solomon's Keep UME.

So!  My first order of business is to figure out why in God's Good Name these Admob ads seem to be taking over the android phones and not relinquishing control back to Chuzzle.

Second order of business is to figure out if there's anything I can do to make it so searching "Chuzzle" on the iTunes App Store brings up Chuzzle before bringing up 500 unrelated games.  Just to add to the killing joke, if you spell Chuzzle wrong ("Chuezzle" or "Chuzzel" for instance) then up comes Chuzzle 2.  This issue is harming me quite a bit, financially.

Also, much praise to Google.  I complained, they said they'd look into it, and lo, within 72 hours Chuzzle 2 is the first result from searching Chuzzle on Google Play.  Apple merely tells me "the algorithm is working as expected" over and over again.

Third order of business, I believe I mentioned before, is I want to play with some WebAssembly.  This is something I'm very excited about, and it would make it SOOOO easy for me to just push betas on a web page for people to play. 

So then... if you were on the Chuzzle Android Beta List, I am going to be pushing a few betas.  If you are not experiencing ad issues, there is no need to install them.  If you ARE having ad problems, please back up your phones (or at least Chuzzle) data if you are concerned-- I am pretty sure that the Play Store will simply "all work" but all the versions of Android do different things.

Anyway, if you're experiencing ad issues, and this fix STOPS them from happening, please IMMEDIATELY reply to the betabux e-mail and say "Wow, you're amazing, it's all working now."  Similarly, if you install the beta and it still happens, please write to say "No go, utter failure."  I want to really hammer at this until I fix it because I am getting a great deal of reviews that say "Wow, great game!  Worthy sequel!  So glad you didn't just go the cynical, money grubbing route!  But sometimes weird graphics stuff happens when an ad appears-- I CONDEMN YOU WITH ONE STAR!!!!!!!!"

Thanks, John Out

Comments

• edited December 2018
    Uh... the Google Play interface is now completely different from what it was before I released... so I'm not 100% sure that the testing is going to notify anyone.  If you have ad problems, and were previously in the beta test, this link should give you the newest build:

https://play.google.com/apps/internaltest/4701557805518659761

or possibly:

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.raptisoft.Chuzzle2

...if it asks to you uninstall the previous version, don't (unless you can confidently backup and restore).  Just e-mail me @ betabux and I'll see if I can figure out something else.  All I'm trying to do here is see if I can make headway on the ad graphical and freeze-up issues.

• @RaptiSoft Thanks for the updates. The Apple Store remains the same as I first posted. Tweeting and posting has not yielded any results. I’m going to keep at them but will give them a few days.
    To me, the most glaring annoyance is fruit C which has nothing to do with your apps.