Hardware accel in original

I know this is olddd now, but just wondering if anyone had any ideas, I went back to play with the original and found my pc is too powerful for little old Chuzzle, I noticed this is a problem with most of Popcap's games, so wondering if anyone had a fix?

Comments

• Too powerful?? What do you mean specifically? What error message do you get? I do not think I will be able to help, I am just curious.

Darkest Wishes

Noel Reichel

• Indeed, many old games just cannot run on modern, fast PC’s. When I was dabbling with emulators, I recall there was a program, almost like a hypervisor, that “shaped” or dulled my PC’s CPU to a point where I could comfortably run the game but I’ll have to dig around a little to find this solution.
  • Sorry for the late replys, what I mean is like many other Popcap titles Hardware Acceleration doesn't work on newer machines, an example is Bejeweled 3, my laptop can't run the 3d acceleration in the game, while my older, less powerful laptop can, the difference between both machines are mainly the gpu and cpu (the older one had an i3 core and an NVidea 660, while the new one has a gtx 1050 and an i5 processor) I think it's the gpu, probably to do with that the game has a list of compatible gpus and as the game is now over a decade old, my gpu isn't on that list.
  • Thanks for that, fnanfne, that'll be extremely useful when I manage to get my hands on a gaming PC.
  • Thanks for the reply. I am old. In my younger days we had computers that were not powerful enough to run the games we wanted and I have lived long enough to see computers that are too powerful to run the games we want!