Chuzzle 2 Is Released

Chuzzle 2 is now released for iOS and Android!  You should be able to see it on the app store/Google Play as it propagates.  Thank you all beta for your assistance, and thank you forum members for your support.  I intend to have a Chuzzle 2 update to fix whatever turns up wrong in the live version this year, and now I begin the watching game to see if I have the cash flow to finally get my Solomon Magnum Opus out!

Comments

• I can’t seem to find it for some reason. Is it still being verified by apple right now?
  • edited December 2018
    It can take some time for apps to become available. The game still doesn't seem to have a publicly visible iTunes page, so I don't think its iOS version is available just yet.

Its Google Play page has however already become accessible to non-beta testers, so Android users should be able to get it now. Although it is weird that my phone claims no update is available for it. Is the release version identical to the last beta?
  • It’s still not in the Apple Store but it will be soon.
  • On the App Store for me now :D
  • In the App Store for iOS search for RaptiSoft. Great job, John!
  • Awesome :) I will play it after Christmas :)
  • Let’s show John our support by getting the word out with posts, tweets, instagram, etc. :)

• Here's a thing, if anyone has any ideas on how to help out, because I am clueless...

The artificial "intelligence" of both Google Play and the App Store sees "Chuzzle" and "Chuzzle 2" as two different games.  Thus, if you go onto the stores and search "Chuzzle 2" you immediately find Chuzzle 2.  If you search the word "Chuzzle" however, what you get are tons of games that have exploited the keyword Chuzzle... and then around page 20 you'll find Chuzzle 2.

Does anyone have any idea or insider knowledge of how to deal with this?  I actually phoned Apple, and they told me nothing could be done.  I have an e-mail in to Google.  But as it stands right now, anyone who searches the word "Chuzzle" on the stores and doesn't include "(space) 2" will have no idea that the game even exists, unless they want to scroll through about 50 completely unrelated games.
  • Wow, that sounds horrible. I guess this is what happens when search engine developers take optimization too far. They no longer care about the actual text you enter.

Let's hope at least Google is willing to help you out. Otherwise, we can probably only hope the search engines will correct themselves over time as Chuzzle 2 gets more downloads.
  • I think we have to keep repeating Chuzzle2, Chuzzle 2 and RaptiSoft every time we post and tweet about it.

You can open a discussion or continue a discussion on Reddit, Quora and everywhere else you believe will be helpful.

I just posted a review in the Apple App Store and will keep checking ito make sure it’s published.
  • edited December 2018
    I’ve had Google alerts set for CHUZZLE for almost a year. Today I got this alert:

Google
    Chuzzle raptisoft
    As-it-happens update ⋅ December 20, 2018
    NEWS
    Universal Chuzzle 2 (by Raptisoft)
    Touch Arcade
    Take a break to watch your Chuzzles swing, run, dance, eat, and play! Raptisoft's ADO (artificial digital organism) technology makes your pet
    Chuzzles...

Links here where you can add your own comments after logging in or signing up:

https://toucharcade.com/community/threads/chuzzle-2-by-raptisoft.370468/
  • I always promote “raptisoft” on my FB page as a tag to new video uploads, hope that helps. An anecdote, with regards to RwK, I have noticed that in the beginning, just after you released it on Android, I could not find it in the Play Store unless I searched the whole string; “Robot Wants Kitty” or rather, I did not see an auto-complete. Now, I get an auto-complete when I merely search for “robot w” so a notacible improvement. What I can deduce from this is that over time, the AI will catch on.
  • Great fnanfne! I just verified that my review was published in the Apple App Store. :)

Please post your reviews, people, so the AI may catch up faster!

All hail RaptiSoft! Thank you very much, John, for your splendid work and dedication!
  • Crazy. When I search for Chuzzle in the App Store, neither Chuzzle nor Chuzzle 2 are even on the list of results!
  • For me Chuzzle 2 shows up at #4 at Google Play :)
  • The screenshot above was from my partner's phone btw, whom has never searched for or installed anything "raptisoft" before. This is the App Store in the UK.
  • >Crazy. When I search for Chuzzle in the App Store, neither Chuzzle nor Chuzzle 2 are even on the list of results!

You won't find the original Chuzzle in the App Store. PopCap took it down years ago, even though it was still doing well.
  • edited December 2018
    Apple App Store search results on iPhone:

You have to tap on the results and see what comes up.

Chuzzle or chuzzle free:
    numerous game apps that are not Chuzzle.

Chuzzle deluxe and
    Chuzzle 2 are first right under the ad.

“fruit link chuzz... shortened so it is hopefully not found in the search engines.

Here is what I posted on Facebook. I also tweeted the same thing but it had to be a little shorter.

Posted on Facebook 12-22-18 5:30 pm

#Chuzzle by @Raptisoft doesn’t appear in Apple App Store searches unless “Chuzzle 2” is entered. SEVERAL Wrong results are displayed including this:

“fruit link chuzz” is NOT an official #Chuzzle app. The word “Chuzzle” should be removed from that app’s name.

Attention https://m.facebook.com/AppStore

Pics show THE REAL CHUZZLE. Please fix this glaring oversight, Apple. Thank you.

My post is located here:

(remove the M and the period before the word “Facebook” if you’re on a desktop)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2123971801248060&id=100009057824736&ref=bookmarks

Note: Edited the above to remove the full name of the app that should not be using the word Chuzzle.
  • I have screenshots of the results but I’m working on an iPhone SE and although I uploaded the screenshots to my server they have very long names and it’s very difficult to rename them on a little phone

What is a free image upload app I can use to directly upload from my photos on my phone?
  • Tweeted yesterday:

Chuzzle by @Raptisoft doesn’t appear in App Store searches unless Chuzzle 2 is entered. SEVERAL Wrong results are displayed. Also “fruit...” is NOT an official #Chuzzle app. @AppStore: The word “Chuzzle” should be removed from that app’s name @AppleSupport

https://mobile.twitter.com/kudos2writers/status/1076235269228163072
  • This morning I tweeted this in an effort to get them moving:

https://mobile.twitter.com/kudos2writers/status/1076449916849922048

Here’s the text if you don’t want to tap on the link:

How about replying to my request to fix the glaring oversight in your App Store regarding @Raptisoft #CHUZZLE 2 being ripped off by another developer? We’re important, too! #gamedev #games @AppleSupport @AppStore @AppStoreGames
    that’s in reply to:
    @AppStore
    A @FortniteGame holiday surprise!

• Imp
    edited December 2018
    You may want to clarify on the play store page that on top of the option for paying for remove-the-ads there's the micro transactions in the game. From the description, I had the impression it was a pay once, no more bull poo-poo business model.

• The only IAP the game has besides the ad removal is an option to purchase coins. Which are only needed for a secondary feature that has nothing to do with the actual gameplay. And can be obtained relatively quickly just by playing the game. The game doesn't strike me as being designed for microtransactions at all.
  • I agree with @SomeRandomHEFan. Chuzzle is free and is ad-supported, so you can reward John Raptis for his hard work by either purchasing the game or by tapping on the ads and viewing them.

Both would be wonderful. Let your conscience be your guide
  • Imp
    edited December 2018
    @kudos: my problem isn't that there's the (excellent!) option of removing the ads, the problem is that the android version has additional monetisation on top and that the page description does not clearly state that this is the case.

The fruity version, according to the description in the app store, doesn't seem to feature the extra micro transactions.
  • Looking at the game's iTunes page, you're right that the IAP for getting coins isn't listed there. That's probably just a mistake though. It would make no sense for one version of the game to have an IAP the other one doesn't. Can anyone here confirm the iOS version also allows you to buy coins?

There isn't really much of a point to this IAP anyway. The Chuzzarium's prices aren't high enough to really need an extra source of coins unless you're really impatient. I doubt they're going to change when the game is released on PC at some point in the future.

Plus, the whole Chuzzarium is nothing but fluff. Developers who really want to pressure players into making frequent use of IAP put roadblocks into the actual gameplay. If the game had been made like a typical F2P title, it would've had things like cooldown timers to halt progression for those who don't pay, or crazy difficulty spikes that are nigh-impossible to overcome without using IAP to buy bonuses.
  • Hmm, if I open a "private window" of Firefox on my laptop, the first result for "chuzzle" (on https://play.google.com/) is Chuzzle 2. Maybe Google has already fixed the issue? Or perhaps they're tracking my interests more closely than I thought...