Some suggestions on the MakerMall

Here are some of my suggestions on makemall in all of the games:
1. A Way to bookmark cool levels, yes i know that there is already a star system, but i think it would be cool if you could bookmark a level that doesn't give anything to the creator, and there isn't a limit on how many people can bookmark a level!
2.This is a minor suggestion, but sometimes there are levels that are nothing, and just let you win instantly so that the creator can get karma and level up, this is a little annoying but not that bad, but maybe there is a way to fix this? im not sure how karma is calculated, but maybe it can be calculated if it's an easy level or something
Thank you for reading! [message for raptisoft:] the maker mall is an amazing feature and i really love all of your games, and these are just minor suggestions that would make the maker mall a little bit tiny more enjoyable :D but it's already amazing :D

also, if you have some other suggestions for the makermall, feel free to post them here :D

Comments

• Good thread.

I agree with 1 and 2;

The ability to save favourite levels/designers would be neat and as an extension to this idea, (you’re already aware of this is another thread) the ability to download levels so you can play it offline, perhaps reserve this feature for those who’ve bought the game?

Yes, there are a few accounts karma farming, not really sure what the solution to this problem could be other than players religiously using the report/abuse facility, though most won’t bother doing this.
  • It would be great if there could be an additional tag like “private” so that you can upload a level to MM but it will be, well, private until the tag is removed OR after some time (expiry)

I can see this being very useful for level makers AND for troubleshooting purposes!
  • hmm, yeah that may be cool, but i don't really see a purpose to that? why not just not upload or something like that? also, i thought of another idea maybe, like, maybe a page that says "Top Levels" and it would show levels of all time that have a high enough rating, [ect over 25 likes and must have 3 stars, or something like that]
  • Do you make levels? Ever get annoyed at not being able to look at the map? Or when you play-to-beat a long level before sharing then accidentally tap the menu and inadvertently end the level?
  • Unless something big changes, I will not be doing heavy changes to RwK (suggestions like favorite levels/makers, etc, are good suggestions, but they would take me maybe a month to weave them into an old code-base... thus I am not ignoring these suggestions, I'm just telling you they will go into future games, including the RwK pseudo-sequel).  I also would like to provide people the ability to get notifications when someone they like uploads a level, but I don't have time to puzzle out the technical aspects of that right now.

Currently all my schedules are up in the air.   Until Popcap gives me a definite reply on Chuzzle 2, I don't even know what I will be doing for the next six months.  That's why I've been spending time doing small feature updates and stability updates.  However, I should be hearing something from Popcap fairly soon, thus one project or another is about to take off-- I just don't know which.
  • We’re talking about Maker Mall, which is kind of independent from RwK, no? Maker Mall benefits a few games, perhaps it will Chuzzle as well?
  • edited May 2018
    No, there's nothing really "customizable" about Chuzzle that I can think of, unless I were to let people design puzzle situations?  Anyway, anything I add to Makermall server-side is across the board for all games, but the interface still has to be put into each game individually.  The main problem with RwK is, I remade the interface a little bit for it to get MM features in, but the code behind it all is still largely the old RwK code-- which is ancient code now.