RwK Android Users

Hi Android users,

If any of you could download this APK and give it a try, I would appreciate it.  There's a few collision bugs that have crept into Robot Wants Kitty, and I set about fixing them and a few other bugs that appeared in the last update.  To test, simply play levels as you would normally, and let me know if anything goes spectacularly wrong.

However, do not upload any levels with this version.  It is marked as "next version" and anyone who tried to play your levels would get a message saying that they needed to upgrade RwK in order to play them.  But, if nobody has any real problems with this version, I will roll it out ASAP.

Thanks,
John

Here's the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r69c4yf1trs5ncq/RwKVersion7.apk?dl=0
(Link will be invalid after I submit the build to the app store).

Comments

• I'll try this on my ancient tablet not sure it'll work but I'll give it a go and let you know of any issues
  • Okay I had to uninstall the app before I could install that .apk as I kept getting an uninstall error that there is already such an app name installed. Seems to work fine apart from some unusual crashes that was seen when ads show.

I tested Rasta's and Fomb's levels where the random dying happened and that appears to be fixed!

I have noticed that the "recently played" levels list also resets just like I've seen on my iPhone. (I'm not sure if this was the case beforehand as I don't use the tablet at all, only for testing now so it could be a problem in the current release?)

Other than that, seems very stable and the game appears to run ever so slightly a bit smoother. I notice less lag when I play.
  • I have an iPhone and it says I can’t play certain levels because I don’t have the newest version but there is no update available?
  • edited May 2018
    I think that’s because the level designers updated to this latest, yet unreleased version, ignoring the warning not to create/share levels just yet. We’d just have to wait until we get the update I suppose!
  • Yeah, @raptisoft, I'm getting a lot of people not being able to load my level saying "you must update to the newest version" which you had mentioned would happen if we downloaded the APK and then tried to upload levels.
    I never downloaded the APK (and apparently others are having this issue as well).

I did get an update through the play store today that I assumed was an official rollout (it has to be right?)
    So I think something is going on.
    Any hints?
  • edited May 2018
    Yes, the Apple version is still waiting for review.  Until it goes out, any levels uploaded with the newest version will not be accessible.  Android players should already have the new rollout though. 

Apple was submitted yesterday morning, so I assume it'll be reviewed and released today.

• edited May 2018
    I just noticed that my "Autobot - Journey to Hell and back" is again not working with the latest update. Hmmm, I'll see if I can take a video to show you what I mean. It almost looks like that issue from my "Autobot - Perilous Excursion" one that you were working on.
  • edited May 2018
    There have been a few collision changes to correct bugs.  These are related to the "floating point error" fixes that I mentioned either just before or just after the last update.  If you have an auto level that is failing, it is likely failing because of a one-pixel collision issue (that's what the floating point error was causing) so make adjustments as needed.  The collision system is final now.  Except for possibly adding a few more blocks in the coming months, any "improvements" for RwK will be targeted at a future Metroidvania.
  • I sent you a PM regarding this...
  • My iOS RWK update just arrived!