Status 5/4/2018

The update for RwK has begun rollout for all platforms.

At first, your update won't show any new features (to prevent version clash of uploaded levels).  I will enable the new features via the server as soon as I'm sure the update is available everywhere in the world.

Once again, to view the new blocks, visit http://www.raptisoft.com/rwk and expand the section called "Layout Blocks"

This is a semifinal RwK update.  I will do bug fixes, but any cool new features will go into the unofficial sequel.

Comments

• edited May 2018
    WHOOPEE!!!!

How will you fix the new one-way barrier bug? Just a thought, but you could revert it back to how it functioned before :)
  • Oh, what's the new one-way barrier bug?
  • edited May 2018
    Yikes!!

So, the main reason you fixed the old glitch was because players managed to traverse the barrier. Well, the "fixed" one-way barrier is also passable! So the effect is this...

We're left with a "fixed" barrier that can still be traversed BUT also have none of the cool and useful functionality it had before.
  • @fnanfne do you talk about green barrier ? If it's that, isn't a bug
  • No, he’s talking about the one way walls. You can still pass through them utilizing a glitch. It’s be better if they were just the way they were probably
  • edited May 2018
    I have previously shared a video of a level showing this if you want to see it, starts happening at ~4mins into the video (~5mins robot’s time)

• Feels sooo nice seeing an update on the App Store for my favourite one :D *almost as exhilarating as playing the actual game lol
  • Ah, rocketing through them I see.  Welp, say goodbye to that "game feature." 

I don't really understand the urge to make levels unwinnable for players who don't know the trick, though.
  • Because when you do know the trick it’s a lot of fun to play outside the obvious parameters
  • Well, it hurts and frustrates players, which is probably at least part of the reason why this game makes no money whatsoever.
  • Remember, we DO have the comments section now, that works well for things like this ya' know, have a peek at that sometime!
  • Also, I'd submit that it's pointless, and really terrible levels that some are uploading which may be an even bigger turn off for new players. I'd take on a genius, well designed, well thought out, seemingly insolvable level ANY day over a cr@ppy one.
  • And shoot! I will now forever be known as that guy who ruined the "fixed barrier". I should've kept my mouth shut!
  • Yeah, hey @fomb, it was @fnanfne.

But anyway, I think I have a proper solution to this problem now.  You guys can make impossible levels, and I don't have to deal with the occasional e-mails and pms letting me know that impossible levels have been shared.
  • edited May 2018
    @raptisoft, Oh, I posted about this newly fixed-fixed barrier in possibly the wrong thread, but this new fix creates way more potential to get stuck and force a restart and massive numbers of previous levels are now unbeatable (not just my hard/glitchy ones, even simple levels with no "glitches").
    Any previous level that had a barrier above or below anything is now impassable. A barrier against anything will cause the robot to get perma-stuck since the robot can no longer even jump up through a continuous barrier.

I doubt it'll matter me saying it, but I agree with fnanfne. The old barriers were great. The fixed ones just removed possibilities while still not really being "fixed" and these newly fixed ones seem majorly problematic.
    My suggestion of a simple guide (just like in the new tutorial website) covering the glitches would solve all of the problems with people thinking levels are unbeatable. Coupling that with the "glitchy" tag and there would be no room for rational complaining from people who don't choose to even attempt to figure it out.

I would suggest checking out the level I just posted called Wiggle Room. It uses the newly-fixed, fixed barrier glitch. It's a silly level. I don't see how this is an improvement.

• I agree with @fomb
  • A ‘glitchy’ tag!! So simple :)
  • edited May 2018
    Well, the key was to make sure newbies don't see them without explicitely turning them on.  That's my only issue with glitchy levels, that it blocks play for new users.  I'm not a power mad lunatic who wants to direct how you play, I just don't want someone to download the game and conclude it's either too hard or impossible to play.

@fomb the most recent live update (Friday) went out with a bug that didn't allow vertical movement in one way and slow walls.  This was not due to glitch fixing, but rather was a side effect of the new spikes tile.  An update has already been submitted.  I don't know if Apple approves apps on the weekends though, so it might be Monday or Tuesday before everything is finally live.  Android players either already have it, or will have it shortly.
  • @raptisoft How do I change the color of the red guy?
  • @joachim_s you feed it some pills! After each feed, the monster will change colour (maximum of 3 pills)
  • @fnanfne and @joachim_s
    each pills double the life points of the monster !