Status update 5/2/2018

edited May 2018 in Anything else!
So I'm working really well right now, which means I slip into Monk Mode pretty easily.  If I vanish for a bit don't get alarmed.  You can always PM Dork Lord to confirm that I'm not dead or giving it all up to run away with some yoga instructor.

The current status is, a fairly complex (and probably final) RwK update will go out ASAP.  The new tools will not initially be activated-- to prevent "new tool" levels from being uploaded, I have to do complex server coordinating.  So your update will appear, and after it looks like the updates are available in all locations, I will activate the updates on the server and then your new tools will appear the next time you enter Makermall (you'll have to go out and into Makermall for the change to take effect).

After RwK's update is fully launched, I will be updating Boneyard with crash fixes and turning Imp Farming back on.  Then I will be updating Solomon's Keep to have Call Comet and Magic Trap, and then Hoggy 2 with a few new features and a surprise, for fans of that.

The big roll of the dice coming up in the next couple weeks is Whether Popcap Publishes Chuzzle 2.  The initial conference call was positive, and I'll be a little surprised if they don't decide to publish it.  If they do, it is very likely that they will keep me working on Chuzzle 2 for the rest of the year.  If they decide not to publish it, I will be taking a month to finish Chuzzle 2 and publish it myself.  A third possibility is that Popcap decides to take the game in-house and cuts me out of the development completely.  In that situation I will be hitting Solomon's Keep hard and will begin providing some alpha builds here mostly to allow people to play with scripting and modding.

If I am put onto Chuzzle 2 with Popcap for the rest of this year, I will also attempt to get out one smaller Raptisoft game that I've been wanting to do for a while.  So it won't be a total dearth of activity.

So that's all the news that's fit to print here!

Comments

• (brain pops out) busy busy man.......wait you have a yoga instructor?!?!?!?! :o
  • Hey Raptisoft, I was a very frequent player of Solomon’s boneyard. I haven’t played since January just waiting on the farming as I was tired of losing items in bugs. I see it’s going to be a while for the new one. Would you consider putting farming back in for the current game for those who may be holding out? If I’ve already asked that, forgive me. Days blend together with the work schedule I have.
  • Hi there... actually, an update will be out very soon that puts the farming back in.  I've decided new features will go in the new Solomon, because various things are happening (specifically Chuzzle 2 w/Popcap) that are messing up my schedule.

So back in it goes!  And the whole rune setup will go into the new Solomon's Keep.
  • Awesome! Can’t wait. Thanks for the response.