Spell Welding and Class Crossing

One of the greatest things I enjoyed about Solomon's Keep and Boneyard was the ability to weld your primary attack. This added 6 more spells alongside the original 4 while keeping all the spells unique with combined effects or the 4 spells exclusive 3rd special effect. I would like to know if this would be present in SKD and how? Personally, I have two theories as how it could come out.
The first is that the wizard stays a single class and all classes may get diffrent styles of primary attack that could be combined for new attacks. (Such as a padalin with a style based around a defensive shield and offensive holy magiks to create a holy shield style. And of course our classic spell welding.)
The second is that the wizard is split into 4 diffrent characters and spell welding is done by combining two classes. I also think that this would give way to more classes welding, such as a lightning rod shooting archer or a necromatic padalin.
Of course, this being Raptisoft, I could be completly wrong and welding stays wizard exclusive, non-exsistant :( or just used in an enti

Comments

• Welding will still be there, but will work a little different.  I had to field too many questions along the lines of "how the heck does this work" so it's being modified to be a little more self-explanatory.
  • edited July 2015
    the main thing i didnt like about the classic welding was that it froze your talents where they were when you got it, and then every 5 levels after you had one level up choice taken away (assuming you didnt want to re weld) i understand you did it as a penalty of welding, but the high mana cost and not getting the pure skill is already a penalty, considering most of those pure skills were pretty overpowered (permanent ice shield? hurricane that knocks all arrows away and damages everything on screen while slowing them down? ether pulse that shreds bosses?) because of the welding penalty, i went prettymuch exclusively pure, just grabbing blizzard beam for the off screen knockback for bosses.

if you think the welds are too powerfull and thats why you have all these penalties, maybe offer a welding affinity skill or something, that reduces the damage slightly, but you no longer need to re weld constantly (also removing the weld skill from randomly showing up when you level, unless for a different weld spell) this way it would just about equal out, the damage from the skill would be reduced, but it would get stronger without investing any more points into it, that can be added to different skills, or people that like it the way it is can skip the affinity and keep the full power version thats froze at whatever skill levels it was obtained at.
    if you do make an affinity thing like i suggest, not sure if you would want to make it an actual skill you must learn, or as a choice when you first buy the weld skill. and as far as keeping the game lore, you can explain the 2 skills by having a very strong wizard(or whatever other class) that has to force the magic(skills) together, requiring more energy, hence stronger attack, or a wizard with a natural affinity to multiple elements can balance the 2 skills to compliment each other, to naturally enhance them as his power with each element grows
  • I disagree I felt that the welds were a lot better. You had to wait until you got a good amount of skills before welding. My strategy was to level to 25 or 30, then get TONS of skill books to get your skills maxed, then without levelling (because you are already level 25/30) get one more skill book and weld. If you are still level 25/30 it will always give an option to weld even for a skills book.