[Feature request] If possible, bitcoin suggestion/request

Would it be possible to have bitcoin walls per a certain number of coins?

ie. Wall A opens after 5 coins collected and Wall B opens after 10

Comments

• It's possible to do this, but any larger changes (and this would qualify) to RwK will be put into a new game.  Robot Wants Kitty is, sadly, a failed game that costs more to maintain the server than it actually brings in at the moment.
  • failed :( this has been my fave game for years lol
  • Mine too! I think I have a problem lol
  • Yeah, it's sad... I don't know what the story is.  I've speculated elsewhere that the theme is too kiddy for the hardcore gameplay.  I sometimes wonder if I did some 3D rendered version of it, all realistic looking, if it'd suddenly attract players.

Well-- I must say, the levels get a lot of players.  But VERY few people buy delete ads, and the people who don't buy delete ads don't generate any ad revenue somehow (perhaps they have tools that block the ads or something, I dunno).
  • edited May 2018
    I can tell you one of the main reasons I love RwK is because of the style. I LOVE isometric, pixel-ish, old-skool graphics/gameplay. For example with like with Diablo 1, man, I still get nightmares (good ones!) about that game. It was perfect. Then Diablo 3 came along with its shiny new 3D graphics/animation feel and totally killed it for me (among other things!)

A game I've been waiting for for almost three years now (why do all good games get postponed like this? Sod's law) is called EITR. This game literally epitomises what I want in video games these days, with respect to graphics. Another non-game example is South Park. A whole lot of what is going for this show is down to the cr@ppy animation they choose to use, purposefully so I might add, and it works!

EITR: (nice soundtrack too hey?)

• edited May 2018
    That game looks great, but can I just express my annoyance about every freaking modern RPG programmer trying to be the VERY FIRST DEVELOPER EVER TO TAKE THE BOLD AND DEFIANT STEP of making the protagonist female?

It makes it hard for me to role-play it.  There's a great deal of human history involving particularly tough women pretending to be men so they can get their piece of the action... so a girl can role-play that easily.  But how am I supposed to role play the tough as nails no nonsense brooding loner who is out to make a name for himself and save the world... while dressed as a chick?

Like, offering both genders in a game is fine, if it's that kind of Red Sonja fantasy world... but making it so you HAVE to play a female just feels like someone trying to be edgy in 1998.
  • edited May 2018
    And THAT, btw, is why you will never see the face of your character in Solomon games.  Nobody knows what's under that hat/hood/helmet (although by canon, Solomon would never toy with a female intruder the way he would toy with a male one).
  • I agree broadly; when you force anything, even if it’s something noble like inclusivity, it can become irksome and counterproductive. I don’t feel that from EITR though because as you say, women were warriors in that time so it feels appropriate :)
  • Are there supposed to be pop up ads or something? Because I only see the "Help us" button to watch ads and don't see a delete ads thing to buy, just a restore purchases button under setup.
  • RwK is a game I've gotten years worth of enjoyment out of by just playing for a few weeks. I love this game, and I try to get others to play it as well. I discovered this game because I first played the flash game when I was younger. To hear that it's a dying game breaks my heart. I just started playing it, I don't want it to go.
  • Well, as of now I don't plan to take it down-- as long as I don't have to monitor it constantly for bad behavior or get into an endless bug-fixing loop, there's no reason not to leave it up forever.
  • Gyro, when you buy the game or bought the addons from the old one, then you won’t see any pop up ads. If you want to help, then tap the “help us” button to view an ad :)
  • I'll be sure to press the help us button before i play, but I'm pretty sure i never bought anything so it's weird I don't get popup ads.
  • Really? Well, another reason why you might not see any pop up ads would be if you’re super good and never die :) but yeah hopefully watching an ad or two before playing would help and make a difference.
  • That might be something @raptisoft should check into.
    Is it possible, like Gyro said, that his version is ad-free without buying it?

I know that on my version I'll occasionally get the "remove ads" button even though I have paid for it and if I touch that button the app crashes.
    Could the same thing happen in reverse?
  • There's a couple ways to not have ads:

o You bought RwK's add-ons years ago
    o You live in a country where the ad providers are not serving ads (but in that case you'd see Raptisoft ads)
    o Your device employs a hack or some other method of skipping ads or immediately dismissing ads before they can even show (Android)

• I've seen other games have kind of the same problem. One game that I played gave me an achievement for buying no ads, although I never bought it. When I re-downloaded it again, the game worked as normal. RwK doesn't have that problem for me, I get ads normally.
  • Hmm... I probably just bought the add-ons years ago and forgot.