Fnanfne's "Eyedea n Abilities - easier"

Comments

• Very cool! I think this is the best level map ever! It almost looks like it could be a tapestry of some sort.
  • Oh yeah it does look like that a bit. I’m just gutted about the border, not sure why my maps are lacking some details, that whole area should be filled with detail but only the very outer edge is shown. I suppose this makes it look like tapestry even more
  • I imagine it's just that that's the boundary as far as the robot can "see" in making a map? But I was wondering how the red border ended up there as well? ...since it's even further.

One solution, though it might be a bit of work, would be to create a teleport somewhere that could get the robot to that inner part, maybe just above the border, and have the robot zoom around to complete the map? You could make the edit for mapping purposes, update, then remove the teleport and update again so it would be back to normal.
    ...you know the old trick to get a level uploaded quickly still works.  ;)
  • That's not a bad idea! 

I have, in other levels like Hello Kitty, placed a launch app (very hard to get to and on a timer) somewhere on the map. I have then used this to see the whole map but again, the map seems ugly and incomplete. I'm not sure if it's multiple paints over a certain block or the deletion/addition of many on the same spot but in some areas where the robot is literally right next to a range of blocks, some of them would be completely missing.

However, I can't help think that your other idea of an "official beta" would be most fit for this. Alas...
  • That's very odd that blocks next to  the robot are not being displayed. I'm wondering what could cause that, but I'm also wondering if there is a way to replicate it...make a level that has portions purposefully missing from the map. ;)
    I haven't encountered that on any of my levels so I'm not sure what would cause it. Hmm...

Yeah, I think an official beta would be a great and fun (and useful) idea. I don't think it will ever happen. :(