Request: remove downvoting

Hi Raptisoft, just one more request for a future update.  Would you consider removing the ability to downvote levels (i.e. people can only give an optional thumbs up, not a thumbs down)?

I ask because too many players seem to be downvoting levels without justification - e.g. they just find a level challenging and can't be bothered taking the time to beat it.  The comments section is sufficient to leave feedback if there is actually something wrong with a level.

Thanks again for bringing this great game back to life!

Comments

• Indeed. I was thinking one should only be able to downvote once the level gets beaten. This way a player might grow to appreciate the level before casting their vote. Or, prevent downvoting if the level designer includes the ‘hard’ tag? However, I can still see this being abused so not sure! Might be worth updating the thread called Bugs/Issues/Suggestion with this idea.
  • I think that's a good idea. Maybe voting on a level, up or down, is only possible upon level completion? I dunno.
    Actually, what does downvoting actually do? Does it remove karma? I don't actually know.
  • It’s kinda discouraging seeing objectively poor levels; called something like ‘poopyhead’, with no paint, no structure, no love/attention or even any substance getting stars and likes when brilliant levels do not, most probably because they find the level a little too challenging as JamesH says. Democracy sucks sometimes!