New Trick - Rope Climb

I have never posted before, but this one has really spun me for a ringer. Could somebody enlighten me as to HOW one is supposed to rest against a wall and the one way barrier as expected in this and other levels recently. I have done it accidentally in order to finish levels, but I cam't seem to figure out how.

Thanks

Comments

• Special note: When I finally have time to update RwK, the "sneaking through one way walls" will be the first thing I will fix!!!
  • Hahaha what? And take away all the fun?! ;-)
  • edited June 2015
    That's a bit of a tricky one, very frustrating but at the same time rewarding. I climbed up Fomb's Light Ladder 4 times before getting Kitty but still don't know the trick, just serendipity all the way :)

I thought I had it by jumping into the corner of where the barrier meets the object turning into the corner at the exact same time but I can't replicate it consistently so it just seems to be random luck :/ or perhaps our fingers just aren't dexterous enough yet :)
  • Raptisoft, don't u even TRY to take away the glitches that make RwK fun :3
  • Yeah, I was wanting the Light Ladder and the Rope Climb to be somewhat instructive as to doing the wall climb.  You can make the climb happen more or less without fault (or at least with only a couple of tries) by thinking about it like the lava trick.  The way you can touch lava without immediate death, by touching what is probably the single farthest pixel on a corner, this is a good starting point for the climb.  You want to get as absolutely far as you can without falling off the block, then jump straight up but push against the barrier once you reach it in your jump.  Do that and you'll stick.  It will take a little practice, and I've put a couple of subtle variations in there, but a little work at it and you can get comfortable with it.  My best time on the light ladder was 2:40 seconds.  Once you get the trick down, you'll be doing it quickly.
  • Also, I would second the sentiment on ridding the barriers of their passibility.  I know that many players agree with me that all of these little glitches are really what makes the game magical.  I know the barriers do not operate as intended, but the way they do end up working creates so, so many possibilities that otherwise would not exist.  I would suggest that if there is an update that instead of fixing the barriers  perhaps a different barrier is added that would work as originally intended.  This would only add functionality without taking any away (and making a few of my levels and Dahlo's inoperable).  I always favor added functionality over reduced.  My two cents.
  • Thanks everyone for the tips. This is one I'm going to have to learn through the sacrifice of a couple of layers of thumb epidermis.
    Oh and Fomb. Love the levels. Makes obe truely wrench their cranium trying to figure them out sometimes. Keep it up!
  • Thanks!  :)
  • Sorry I still don't get the trick. English is not my home language, so I don't understand it 100%. Maybe you can make a video?
  • That old adage "practise makes perfect" springs to mind.

I still don't know how to reliably replicate the trick but having done it nigh countless times, the chances of me "getting stick" has increased noticeably. Just keep at it!
  • Hi all. Despite many tries, I can't get the rope climb to work. If someone could post a link to a YouTube video or something ti would be much appreciated, as I have tried a million times and am getting frustrated!