[SKandroid] a bug and performance

One time when I was fighting Monculus, I was using Arctic Frost and Magic Circle. And at a point Monculus got stuck in throwing those bouncy fireballs, but at like 30 per second or so. I couldn't beat him because of the push back effect and AF's limited range, so I had to die before I could move on. I didn't try returning to town to see if he would get un-stuck.

And after a while of playing I started noticing the game is really stuttery for me. It's a constant stutter, a lot like as if the game is running at a different refresh rate than the display. I've tried force stop, closing all other apps, and rebooting, to no avail. I'm playing on a OnePlus 3, OxygenOS 4.1.7 (which is android version 7.1.1).

Comments

• It sounds like something else must at that point be running in the background.  This is my first complaint of this nature (not counting the overdosing of imps in Boneyard).  I will look into it.
  • I hope it's an easy fix. Also after reinstalling the stutter seemed much less severe, and now (the next day) it's just as bad again as before.
  • Just so I can gather more information about what the problem might be:

1. Did you purchase "Kill Ads?"  (Trying to determine if the ads are doing some kind of resource hogging)
    2. If yes, do you watch ads-for-gold?  If so, does this problem show up if you DON'T watch ads?
    3. Will the stutter persist even in places of low activity-- i.e. in the town, or on a completely cleared floor?  Or does it only happen when you're fighting 50,000 skeletons on one screen?
  • 1. Yes
    2. Nope, except for 2-3 in my first few hours of play
    3. The stutter is 100% consistent as far as I can tell, other than right after installing
  • Okay, so the game just runs stuttery all the time, no matter whether you're in town or whatever.  I'll have to look up your phone specs to see if that can provide me with any information.  I might have to get one off ebay or somewhere.
  • edited October 2017
    That's correct. I haven't been able to notice drops in performance at all from having a lot of stuff on screen. Except for when using Ring of Fire and when a boss dies the game slows down, but it seems like it's supposed to be like that.

I've been getting a fair amount of crashes too. It usually happens when going from one floor to the next, or continuing after dying.
  • Hm... okay, I'm going to look into it.  But I probably can't solve it until I go ahead and order a OnePlus3 and see what's going on.  Luckily, I need a new phone.
  • Oh that's cool. It's a pretty solid phone, and I love its notification slider, which is quite unique for an android phone. Definitely not the worst one you could pick to solve someone's bugs with :)
  • edited October 2017
    I was able to buy gold once, but now the game is crashing every time I click 'buy gold'. I've been reading in other posts about this, or a similar, problem. Is it correct this is something happening on Google's side? Any updates on this?
  • No updates yet.  I am working with Google on it, but they're being VERY slow about it.  They have logcats, all the information I've been able to glean, and even some source code.  So I'm working on it, but I'm a little helpless now, because the crash is happening after I hand everything off to Google by invoking the store.