Quick note about a bug somone found

Looks like somebody found a bug in Solomon's Keep and reported it on the Steam Greenlight page for its remake. Just in case you're currently not monitoring what happens there, here it is:

"Quick bug report Rapti, on android, and presumably other platforms, a fireball from one of those flame spirits can knock you backward into two diagonal chests and get you stuck, i also assume other things that knock you backwards could also get you stuck, also chest layout might not have to be diagonal for you to get pushed inbetween them and get stuck, while stuck you can not home door out either"

Comments

• Oh-- yeah, that's kinda an old one... related to iPhone 1 speed collision system... um... I guess I should update and put in a h@xxor code that takes people in this situation and puts them back in town.  He'll have to walk back though.
  • Not everyone who encounters such a bug will contact you. Perhaps it would be better to make this available for everyone in the options menu?

It might be possible to abuse such a feature for cheating (e.g. escaping from enemies who are about to kill you), but the game already has a cheat of sorts that requires messing with the options in the form of Bribe Destiny, so this shouldn't change much.
  • here's an idea, hows about an unstuck button that brings you back to the entrance of the floor your currently on, but with the catch being that once you use it the button will have a 10-15 min cooldown before being able to use it again. Kinda like the teleport spell but not random on the location and a heavy price for it's usage since this is more of a tool than a game mechanic.
  • Haha, no, that will just be abused.  I have to focus on SKHD at this point-- I don't want to spend too much time tweaking this game when SKHD is, quite frankly, going to completely replace these for players.