Bribe Destiny and other Boneyard bugs

2»

Comments

• Damn. According to my research, it doesn't seem to be possible to do this without a USB cable. Guess I'll have to buy one.
  • What kind of human being in 2017 doesn't have a usb cable lying around their house yeesh
  • Yep, you'll need a USB, but your charging cable should work!
  • I have no accessories for this phone other than a non-USB charging cable. None of my PC accessories seem to have one either (except one whose cable I lost some time ago). So off to the electronics store it is, I guess.
  • Okay, at this point I'm starting to believe that the Illuminati have a problem with me playing this game.

I found two old USB cables. Both of them are capable of charging my phone. Yet neither of them can make either of my PCs recognize its presence in any way.

Are there even USB charging cables that don't support this? If so, I'll buy one that does. Or does this mean the problem must lie somewhere else?
  • I have no idea except to say that I also have one USB cable that can charge but can't be noticed by PC.  It might be an issue if your PC has USB ports version 1 or version 2, but the cable is designed as version three (or vice versa)
  • Hm, I'll just buy a new one in that case.
  • edited October 2017
    Just an fyi some USB cables are designed to only be used for charging which are usually the really cheap thin cables that only have a ground, negative and positive wires in it. You plug it into a pc and it chimes as though its recognized but only for charging in a pc.

USB3 cables are usually backward compatible with 2. Chances of having an original usb1 cable nowadays are slim unless you have a really old device.

To tell the difference between a charging cable only and a data/charging cable, the later cable is usually thick. If the cable is as thin as a headphone (earbud) wire chances are it will only charge.

Edit: oh also some phones don't like long cables (over a meter) like Samsung.
  • Thanks for the advice. I'll keep it in mind. Especially since I have a Samsung phone.