What title should we be seeing from raptisoft and when?

I love your games and everything you've made. Robot wants kitty is the bomb and I've spent hours on hours on Solomons keep. I see that you're updating it and adding new features which look great! But I was wondering when I would be able to get my hands on the next Solomon game?
Happy holidays and keep up the good work sir!

Comments

• Howdy,

Here's what I'm tentatively looking at:

Hoggy 2 very soon-- I won't give an exact date, but it's already in final stages, it's down to the final level creation and tweaking.  That'll be Steam, iPhone, Android, and regular downloads.

Hap Hazard 2 will be the "unofficial" sequel to Robot Wants Kitty.  I am seeing a lot of clamoring for it, and I think it could do pretty well on Steam these days, so I'm gonna take a shot.  It'll be re-themed with my Hap Hazard game's theme because I don't own the rights to the Robot Wants Kitty intellectual property.  But it'll be almost exactly the same game as Robot, just more bells and whistles and things to play with (including some RPG building materials).

After that, I'm going hard on Solomon until it's done.  Again, no dates, just... I will do it all as quickly as I can.  With luck, Hoggy 2 and Hap Hazard 2 will provide sufficient funding that I can release myself from my Cubic Castle obligations, which is the main reason things are going so slow right now.
  • as ive said before, set up some kind of funding thing, and id be happy to donate to you, as im sure a lot of others on this forum would too. i dont know much about where you could do that, the only one i know of is kick starter, and even that i dont know the details on how to start it... but it couldnt be that hard, a guy made a kick starter for potato salad, his goal was $10 and he made several thousand lol
  • Well... in an emergency I'll do that.  But I do have a nest egg, but more importantly, I need to get some games out to get out of 'the rut' that the whole legal ordeal with Solomon Dark put me into.  So this goal is as much therapy as it is financial.
  • You do very high quality work.  I know we're all looking forward to the future output.  Gonna be fantastic.  :)
  • edited December 2015
    Thank you Fomb.  And I will say the quality of your levels is a great deal of my inspiration to provide user tools, and also a part of my desire to get some user-creation games out ASAP.  I look forward to seeing what you'll do with the extended toolset I have planned for Hap Hazard.
  • Fomb what would you include in the level editor if you could have a say in what goes in?
    I think that might be helpful, like in my level editor I'm making, I'm including settings for as much as possible like position rotation and scale of absolutely everything, hoping people would take advantage and do things I might not even have anticipated.  So maybe your input will help me and maybe even Raptisoft :D
  • @raptisoft, thank you for the kind words.  Can't wait for the Hap Hazard, I know it's going to be fantastic.

@xglsuperbounce, There is a thread in the RWK section of the forum where I and several others wrote about level / level-creation suggestions.   The post is titled "player want's update".  Make sure to start on page one.  I don't know what will be in the new version for sure, but check that thread out and see everyone's suggestions.  There's some good ones in there.  :)
  • edited December 2015
    XGL, I do have one piece of advice... keep it as simple as possible for two reasons:

1. You will run into people who ARE going to do everything they can to break your system, hijack it, exploit it, wreck it.  These are miserable people, and they're very rare, but it only takes one of them to upset your whole user base.

2. People will do things and expect things that you CANNOT POSSIBLY EVER IMAGINE.  There's no escape: All together, they are smarter than you, with more bright ideas, and bigger dreams. :)  BUT, the more options you give them, the more time you will spend chasing down the bugs they will expose.  There's a sweet spot where you give them flexibility and fun, but don't give yourself a foretaste of the debugging apocalypse.

Keep it all as simple as possible, especially to start.  Release it with the core stuff included, and then start updating with new pieces, only a few at a time, so that you can stay on top of the exploits.

What I'm doing with my new level sharing stuff is actually putting in a creator levelup/seniority system.  So guys like Fomb would have access to boss monsters and advanced scripting, but some destructive, no attention span little troll that just wants to hop on and crap all over everything is very limited in his abilities.
  • Im having trouble making it work in the first place haha. But you know me I can find glitches pretty well :D 
    I plan on having a system in which people can rate the maps people create and that way its more user-moderated. That way it's not really up to me fixing bugs but up to people to share quality maps. I certainly will try my best to make it as bug-free as I can. A really interesting one I have right now is if you set a floor object at 45 degrees exactly pitch and yaw at the same time with no roll, it becomes double textured in 2 different orientations and looks really weird. So Ive gotta fix that. Also another thing Im having trouble with is linking like a door and a trigger because Im allowing you to spawn them in seperately. 

I wanted to make it like the binding of isaac rebirth sharing seeds system. I was thinking of like keeping my levels stored as plaintext and then you could copy and paste it out and share it on a user run website, people could make their own level packs and stuff.