chuzzle 2 won't restore local backup

hello world!
this morning, i sent a local backup of my Chuzzle 2 progress from my phone to my tablet. they're both running android and are on the latest versions, with the only real difference being that my phone also refused to ever log me in to my Google Play account when i started up Chuzzle 2, but for some reason when i hit restore backup locally it doesnt actually do anything. i made sure all the files were there and in the right format, but nothing changed
i dont want to lose all the work ive put in, but i cant just make a new backup or log into my account and sync my progress with the cloud because my phone's graphics card and touch screen have decided it'd be fun to actively fight against me and make my life so much worse. my Google Play save is also wildly behind by nature of it being last updated almost 3 years ago now :'o(
has this happened to anyone else? is there any way i can fix it? please help!!! XoP

Comments

• On Android you can manually copy the data in Android/data/com.raptisoft.Chuzzle2 in order to make a backup in case the cloud fails.