Does the raptisoft.com version of Hoggy 2 work?

According to steam reviews (and a couple topics in this site), the steam version doesn't work. Is it the same case with the raptisoft.com version?

Comments

• Unfortunately yes. The version sold on the site used to still be the older version which still worked but now it's been changed as well. Your best bet for now is hoggy.com/web if you're looking to play Hoggy 2 on PC. John please fix...
  • What problems are you all having running Hoggy 2 on Steamdeck?
  • Dang, that sucks. Thanks for the answer. Also, does the web version have any differences from the standalone version? (Mobile, PC, etc.)
  • edited March 2023
    @TheDorkLord I don’t think we know anyone who has tried Hoggy 2 on the Steam Deck yet. Anyway, the latest version for PC has a “C++ Runtime Error” upon pressing Play, if I recall correctly, which John already provided a fix for. However, the game crashes upon pressing “Test” in the level editor and there is no evident fix for it. It’s a huge issue because it takes away a big part of the game. I’m just hoping John can fix this already.
  • @PunchyTroll No, there are no differences between browser and other versions.
  • @PunchyTroll, Only you can't change any screen resolution on web version because the feature from settings is not available in web version.
  • I have played Hoggy 2 on my steam deck and it has worked. That is why I was suprised. Now, the “C++ Runtime Error” is this when purchasing from steam or from raptisoft?

• @TheDorkLord I’d guessed it would work, but the issues of the PC version are still present on the Deck, right? The C++ Runtime Error happens due to Steam’s cloud save thingy, so I guess that only happens for the Steam version.
  • Hrmm, I do not get the C++ runtime error. Have you gotten this error before on the steamdeck?
  • @TheDorkLord No, I don’t have a Steam Deck. I think to reproduce this error Steam Cloud would need to have a save(s) from the previous version of Hoggy 2, but that’s just assuming.
  • So, to bottom line this, if a person bought hoggy 2 today for either PC or steamdeck, to the best of your knowledge it would work fine. Correct?
  • @TheDorkLord In that case, yes, it would work fine, but the main focus here would be the crash upon clicking "Test" in the level editor. That happens in any case on the latest PC version (not web) and we've been waiting for a fix to that for over a year. People can't make levels on larger screens anymore and it's a huge drawback! Please do something...  :-<
  • Ok, so I have made John aware. It is being addressed. Thank you for letting me know.

• edited April 2023
    Sorry for being inactive and thanks for all the answers.