wanted to know about a game called eggsucker

a long while ago i played a game called eggsucker, or dynomite i think made by raptisoft

of all the versions i found of the game, i remember one in specific.. i always get a version that all the levels have tight small walls with specific characters, but i remember a few rooms that were large about the screen's size and had a black background, would like to know maybe if it's a different version of the game and where to find it! thanks

Comments

• According to Raptisoft, Eggsucker was the first ever game they developed and marketed back in 2001. PopCap noticed them and together with Raptisoft they created a Deluxe version of the game, renamed Dynomite. As for a download, I'm sure I've saved it somewhere before, but I can't find it anymore. I'll get back to you if I ever find it.
  • Welcome!!

Yes, Eggsucker was John's foot in the door to being a professional game maker. 

Popcap somehow found out about Eggsucker and was impressed enough to hire John. John then sold the rights to Eggsucker to Popcap. Popcap changed the name to Dynomite soon after acquiring the rights. He no longer has any rights to that game. 

All the versions you are seeing are illegal clones. To the best of my knowledge there is NO longer any legal distribution of Dynomite. John is aware of his artwork and assets being stolen at best, the Raptisoft logo being used illegally at worst! He jokes that now everyone can make money off Dynomite but him!!! As he sold the rights to the game any prosecution of theft of the assets, even if it was worth the time and effort to bring legal action, would go to Popcap. As Popcap is now owned by EA now this is not worth their time. 

A point of trivia: Eggsucker was originally written for John's then girlfriend and now wife!

• edited November 2022
    "To the best of my knowledge there is NO longer any legal distribution of Dynomite."

Actually, that's untrue. Pretty much all of Pop-Cap's games from Bejeweled to AstroPop are available officially on Steam (with the exception of the Bookworm series, which from my understanding *WERE* on there, but were taken off for some reason). Still wouldn't go to Raptisoft since he sold the rights to the game, but Dynomite *IS* one of the games they put on there (and incidentally, it and multiple other Pop-Cap games are currently on sale for like 99¢, so if you want to get the game legally, now's not a bad time to do so): https://store.steampowered.com/app/3380/Dynomite_Deluxe/

(In case you're questioning whether or not it really is Pop-Cap: Tap the developer or publisher link at the top of the page; it'll take you straight to Pop-Cap's Steam page, where you can see all of their games, including more recent ones like Plants Vs. Zombies: Battle For Neighborville or a Deluxe Edition of Garden Warfare 2, and Dynomite being further down.)
  • thanks for helping me out, i just got my hands on a working copy of the game :)
  • Thank you Raindow man!!!!! I was not aware!
  • You're welcome! Glad I could help! (It's Rainbowmon with an "o". Like Pokemon.)