Steps to download and run Solomon Dark

edited October 2021 in Dark Modding
I've noticed a lack of clear instructions for getting Solomon Dark to run so here's what I've found works after some trail and error

First download the game from here. This should have the latest file I've tested it and everything seems correct:

Next try and run the game. It will crash but It will create a folder called sandbox. Create a text file in the sandbox folder named "settings.txt" and type "Graphics.Fullscreen=false" in the text file. Then save and close it. Don't type the quotes and ".txt" is the file extension which may or may not be visible depending on your computer settings.

Then once you've successfully launched it it will likely have the wrong resolution and still be impossible to play. Close it and go back to "settings.txt" which should now have a list of settings in it and adjust "Graphics.Resolution=1600,900" to fit your screen. Once you've done that everything should be good to go.

Remember though it is still unfinished so it will crash often under certain circumstances. EG Don't cast Dampen, Don't press f12. Probably a lot more I'm forgetting. 

Use the Save and quit often and keep backups of your game. 

Comments

• edited October 2021
    I think the latest version (the Dark Cloud fix?) fixes the crash on casting Dampen and removes the f12 function. Are you sure you posted the latest version?
  • edited October 2021
    Its the latest one I could find. The direct link from Raptisoft is dead so if you have a more recent one that would be good

But this one has the dark cloud fix and removes space to level up which are the only changes I'm aware of
  • edited October 2021
    Then you posted the latest version. Dampen only crashes on the non-fixed version for me. Anyway, the Solomon Discord has a download for both versions with Sandbox and Settings already added. Thanks to ShadowKnight for sharing.