SK Game Hardlock

I just redownloaded Solomon's Keep on my phone after a while of not playing.  I decided that since I was playing a brand new game, I would experiment around a bit.  After a little bit, I discovered that you could aim and fire in the village by entering the keep, pressing and holding the primary spell joystick, and going back to the village.

I'd show a picture of me blasting the professors with fireballs here, but I've never been able to figure out how to send pictures in here.

Anyway, I decided to try something else.  I went back in the keep and used the key to summon the door.  I opened the door but didn't go through it.  Instead I left the keep and enter the village via walking.  Lo and behold, there was the door.  I went through it and no sooner had I done so than I was greeted with a black screen.  Then the game crashed.
I opened SK back up, pressed the play button, and it crashed again.  It's still crashing now.  Thankfully this was still a brand new game and I didn't have any other profiles, because they're all gone, and not just that one.  I can't even access the profile selection menu.
If I had to make a guess, I'd say that entering the door initializes a certain variable that tells the game where you just were, and therefore where entering the village side of the door should put you.  When you don't enter the door, though, the variable is never created, or at least it's never given a real place.  Because of this, the game tries taking you to an undefined location, crashing the game.
I had a theory of why it was crashing when trying to load the profiles.  It was that when it tries to display what floor you're on, it can't because you're in an undefined location.  My theory broke, however, when I was told it didn't show what floor you were actually on.  Regardless, I think that on trying to load the profile to display it, the undefined location crashes the game.

Bottom line; if you ever want to do this, don't do it on a device that has your level 56 Sirmin with two +2 all rings and a +3 staff.
Because they're gone if you do this.
For good.
PSA over.