Hamsterball Source Hex Code Decompiled (just for fun! the code doesn't actually work)

edited April 2021 in Hamsterball
Hi everyone! I'd thought I'd share this little thing i found!
I was messing around with the hex code and i got some interesting code out of it, its basically unreadable, but its super cool to mess around with it. You cannot run hamsterball from it, there are thousands of errors with the methods I did

Don't worry! (disclaimer) This is not the source code of the game, (getting the source code from hex would be completely impossible and illegal, as it's the copyright and ownership of Raptisoft LLC) . 

I heard the actual code will be released alongside hb2, so we'll wait for that!

Feel free to take a peek at it on my discord ( https://discord.com/invite/hpsd4FX )

Comments

• Last I heard, it was that Hamsterball 1 would be made free when HB2 comes out, not that HB1's code would be made available to people...

Did I miss something at some point?
  • Probably someone stretched something out of proportion.
  • yeah Mushy asked for permission to do this. By and large John does not care about this stuff as long as the game is not able to be played for free.
  • edited April 2021
    DorkLord, is there any way Raptisoft's gonna reprice their $15 games someday? They are quite old, and Hoggy 2 for the PC is just $5.
  • Alternatively: Maybe make some compatibility updates if necessary for modern computers, and then release a combo pack on Steam?
  • edited April 2021
    It's not that they "don't work" anymore, just that they aren't really worth $15 in modern days. Hamsterball could sell for $10, only a few people (including me :P ) would ever buy a tribute to Jump Man for $15, and all Bejeweled games are cheaper than Chuzzle Deluxe is on Rapti's site. I up the combo pack idea, $7 - $10 would be a nice selling point.
  • John did say at one point that he would try to give us the source code when he 'freeified' HB if he could find it.  There was no stretching out of proportion.