Mage Rework Suggestion: Ether

Here is my take on reworking Ether skills except weld skills based on what I have said on the previous post:

*note: in this rework, there will a debuff that will appear often in lots of ether secondary called contamination. Having one stack of this debuff reduces max mana and health by 10% to player for each stack. Contamination wears off 20 seconds after receiving the latest stack. When getting reaching 5 stack, your mana, health regen, and mana regen becomes 0 and get -1 health per second until it wears off.

1. Magic Missile: Leveling it up increases projectile speed and gains retargeting after level 3 magic missile.

2. More Missile: No change

3. Ethereal Deconstruction (new): Magic Missile makes enemies to take more damage from your secondary spells for 2%/4%/6%/8%/10% for 6 seconds. Available after level 20.

4. Piercing: No change

5. Ether drain: no change

6. Call Leviathan: Leviathan quantity is fixed to one. Also gains +0.5% enemy's max health as bonus damage at level 5 of this skill. Cooldown and duration is doubled.

7. Phasing: Now grants invulnerability for 1/3/5 seconds, applies one stack of contamination, and has no cooldown. Also can be leveled up to level 3.

8. More Leviathan (new): Increase Leviathan quantity by 1/2/3/4/5. It always summon max amount of heads instead of being random

9. Ether Tap (new secondary):  cost 1 mana, no cooldown. Gain 100% of your max mana and 1 stack of contamination.

10. Warp Barrier (new): You ignore 5% chance to ignore attacks per Contamination stack.

11. Ether Blast: Instead of having to not attack to charge up, it automatically charges up after 10 seconds. However, it can only stack 1 and deals 3%/4%/5% of enemy's max health as damage instead of reducing enemy's max health.

12.  Vortex (new secondary): After a short delay, all enemies within the selected area gets pulled towards the center and get stunned for 2/5/10 seconds. Has no cooldown, 40% of max mana as mana cost and gives one stack of contamination

13. Potent Missile (reworked): Instead of giving retarget and missile speed, it gives 1/2/3/4/5% of weld effect to weld spells with magic missile.

*Comment: In this rework, I wanted ether to be more focused on weld support and secondary spells since it was mostly used in solomon games as ingredient for weld spells and ether charge for boss fight. Another concept that was implemented in ether is the contamination system. It was based on magic contamination form Dungeon Crawl. Due to the simplicity of magic missile, I wanted to put some complexity in playstyle of ether build by implementing this system. I also opened up some possibility of pure ether builds by reworking ether blast to be more efficient when used as main weapon instead of sub.

Comments