Mage Rework Suggestion: Fire

Here is my take on reworking fire skills except weld skills based on what I have said on the previous post:

1. Fireball: no change

2. Ember: Max level is reduced to 1. Fragment number increases when fireball level increases. Fireball's mana cost increases by 3 per level when you have this skill. Fragment damage is 25% of Fireball's damage

3. Explode: Max level is reduced to 1. Explosion radius increases when fireball level increases. Fireball's mana cost increases by 5 per level when you have this skill. Explosion damage is 50% of Fireball's damage

4. Burn: Now deals 40/50/60/70/80% of damage dealt by the fire attack that applied burn for two seconds. Now recovers mana by 1%/2%/3%/4%/5% of max mana for each second it deals damage for each enemy.

5. Ring of Fire: Now deals 2/5/10/15/20 + 6%/7%/8%/9%/10% of max health. 

6. Eclipse (new): Secondary spell. Gain a shield that blocks all projectiles of any kind for 5 seconds. When it expires, apply burn to all nearby enemies and stun them for 2/5/10/15/20 seconds. Costs same as magic shield.

7. Sticky Flame (new): Subskill. Slows an enemy that got directly hit by fireball for 5 seconds. Enemy slowed by sticky flame takes 10% more damage. Slow rate increases based on fireball level. Fireball mana increased by 3 per level when you have this skill. Max level is only 1

8. Immolate: Works exactly the same except explosion damage is 80%/90%/100%/110%/120%of fireball damage. Now not considered as elemental flourish

9. Inflame: Creates a a flame at the same size as explosion radius that last for short period of time. Deals damage equal to fireball + 1% of max health for each second. Duration increases based on its own level from 2 seconds to 10 seconds. Max level is 5. Requires explode. Mana increase is same as Immolate

10. Explosive rune: After Sticky Flame expires, the target enemy explodes, dealing damage equal to fireball to target and nearby enemies while stunning them. Stun duration increases based on this skill's level from 1 to 5 seconds. Mana increase and max level are same as immolate. Requires Sticky Flame.

11. Firewalker: Rather than being toggle, it is now a buff with set duration. It now also increases movement speed drastically.

12. Burning Halo (new elemental flourish): Casting Fireball pushes enemies and projectiles nearby away slightly and deals damage. Mana increase and max level are same as immolate. Damage is fireball's 100%/150%/200%/300%/400% damage.

13. Fire of Merdalf (new elemental flourish): Fireball's damage increases as it travels further up to 50%/60%/75%/85%/100%. Mana increase and max level are same as immolate. All fireball subskill effects gets empowered as well by this skill.

Comment: In this rework, my main plan was to: first, implement fire school's unique mana generator and barrier, second, reduce amount of skill point needed on each early subskills to be effective so that you can put points on secondary spells and skills from other schools, Third, refine useless other skills to be more effective in all stages of game, and Forth, make elemental flourish to be more build-defining. This rework aims fire mage to be more focused on dealing with mass enemies and rewarding skillful plays. I have also divided subskills into three categories: early, mid, flourish. Early ones are those that are essential for all types of fire builds. Mid ones are those that gives more specialty to each build(anti-boss, anti-minion, more cc). Flourish defines the playstyle of the build.

Comments

• edited March 2021
    Revision on change in Burn skill:
    Burn deals 40/50/60/70/80% damage of fireball's damage. It requires fireball skill to get it.

Revision on change in Eclipse skill:
    Requires fireball skill to get it.
  • I think the damage values are too big.
  • edited March 2021
    Immolate and Burning Halo may be overdone, i suppose. I think just making Burning Halo's damage from  fireball's 100%/150%/200%/300%/400% damage to 20%/40%/60%/80%/100% (pushing away enemies and projectile itself is already makes the skill strong enough already) and making immolate damages same as before (gives more reasons to put skill points in immolate rather than fireball).  

• Well, the thing is that with damage values you suggested the Fireball’s actual fireball is not longer the main damage source. For example, Explosive Rune deals same damage as fireball but in an area, and Inflame deals (more damage than fireball)/second.
  • I think that the main damage source of Fireball skill should remain the direct impact of the actual fireball.
  • edited March 2021
     I don't think the main damage source must be solely on direct impact considering that immolate+ember has been the main late-game damage source of fire-only build in solomon games. For your comment on Explosive Rune, you have to remember that explosive rune activates only when sticky flame expires, which means it requires at least 5 seconds without that enemy getting direct hit by fireball for it to activate. So it isn't really strong damage-wise. Inflame theoretically has insane dps but the problem is that it requires enemy to stay in the area which makes the actual damage for this way lower than actual damage.  However since I think there should be more merit in putting more points in Inflame, its damage should deal 5/7/9/11 +1% of max health damage per second for 1~4 level and then gets 50% of fireball damage at level 5. Also, I think the mana regen for burn should actually be only 1% max mana for all rank because applying burn to mass amount of enemies may be a bit too easy thus can give insane amount of mana when it maxed out.
  • Well, I didn’t play Fire in late game yet, so I didn’t know direct impact is already not the main damage source.
  • Nice.  The eclipse sounds like a CME in action.