Minion oriented class

I was going to suggest some sort of minion class, inspired by the rock golems of the lost game, but I hear you've already got something like that planned? Can you tell me anymore about it?

Comments

• edited November 2015
    I can!

The minion class is "The Necromancer" and the character is a disgruntled apprentice of Solomon who decides to make a play for the keep himself.  So anything you've seen Solomon do in the games is open to this character, except of course, not at the same incredible level that Solomon managed to get his skill to by banking all his skill points until level 40. :)

But yes, you can summon skeletons, call up demons, throw flaming skulls, etc.  And a few more dark skills that Solomon rejects as "sissy."

The dialogue and background for this character will kept vague enough that you can decide for yourself if The Necromancer has just decided it's time for a new Big Bad on the block, or if Solomon's depravity turned your stomach and you've decided to fight for good with dark magic.

Either way, the people in town won't like you much.

You can see the skill tree itself here:
    http://raptisoft.tumblr.com/post/128551331307/solomons-keep-hd-5112015-preview-of-skill

But I won't reveal which icon means what or anything until the game actually launches with the class in it, just in case I get a better idea or decide one of these is a worse one. :)

• the necromancer wont be immediately playable though right? its just going to be the basic mage + pally when its first released? then as long as feedback and everything is good you push on for more classes, or will the necromancer be available aswell at the start (with other classes like the archer and such that you mentioned being added later)
  • No, my intention is to beta the game with just the paladin, but release with paladin, wizard, rogue, and necromancer.  Then if the support is there, I will add Druid, Samurai, and Priest (multiplayer only) and some additional stuff as an expansion pack.
  • nice, cant wait to see it when its finally playable =D 

whats going on with steam greenlight btw? i remember you saying you didnt know all the details about it, did you get those hammered out? or is it a no go?
  • I haven't submitted yet.  I want to have a playable Paladin demo for the greenlight.
  • Oh are you releasing on steam? If so, I will throw all my pennies at it
  • No Mage like before