Understanding Perks: Some questions

I've gotten back into this game from playing many years ago and it's super fun. I'm really struggling with lategame (after I get level 25/2nd unholy I basically never live for long)

1. Can you ever get rare or epic rings from the +rings perk? Is there a better way of ring farming than trying to survive unholy?
  2. How many levels earlier does creativity give you spells?
  3. Does more drops perk (eg more bonuses/rings) increase chance of getting higher value? Does it give you more tomes? (definitely gives more 4x boosts)
  4. Does the more gold perk make gold piles appear more often, or increase their value (like the rings)
  5. +2 to skills. Some skills have a max upgrade cap but others don't. Eg, seems like battle mage/magic shield can keep going above 4, but can haste etc keep increasing with rings or does it cap out?

Side questions:
 - What's the max damage reduction you can get? I've found 3 35% reduction rings, you can unforge rings etc
 - Any other tips? I'd love to do a non-ice run sometime that actually works.
 - Is rapisoft planning on continuing development? Thanks!

Comments

• Hello Davaned!!

At this point Raptisoft is not furthering the development of any Solomon game, save for Solomon Keep Ultimate Metal Edition. When development on that is going to start I do not know. 

The Dork Lord
  • 1. Yes. I've gotten a rare ring or two from using the extra rings perk over and over. Though they're going to be as rare to acquire as they are to drop ingame.
    2. I'm not sure what you mean. Spells can appear when you level up at any level, creativity would just increase the odds since it gives you one more option.
    3. The more drops perk increases the odds of all drops dropping. That means more skill bonuses, 4x boosts, and rings. It won't increase the chances of higher rarity.
    4. I think the more gold perk does both.
    5. Pretty much any spell/skill that can be leveled up more than once can be pushed past their cap with '+' rings. So rush would likely be included.

The max damage reduction ring there is is 45%. The cap for damage resistance is 95/98%.
  • Thanks!

Ninja re: #2 some spells you can only get when you level up past a certain level. Eg, all of the end game (harden, immolation, siege mage, etc) are all only available at level 25+
  • Hi, I have played SB for years and I think I can answer some of your questions.

1. Yes, you can indeed get all rings just by using perks. I have gotten over 6  +2 to all skills rings from this method. The process is very tedious though, for it normally takes me over 3 hours to get one +2 ring. The fastest method however for rare rings is definitely imp farming. Try to get to at least the 3rd Unholy and only attack the imps. With the More Drops perk, Rapti confirmed that you also get better rings. However, if you get to 5+ Unholy, you can farm tons upon tons of rare rings even without the perks.

2. With the skill Creativity, you can unlock skills 5 levels earlier. This applies to all skills including Faster Caster, Siege Mage, third secondary skill, Harden, etc (lvl25 → 20).

3. This is a great question that I have been asking for years. Honestly, I don't know. Allegedly, it gives you rings of higher calibre and more quad damage boosts. I personally don't notice any difference in the tome drop rates.

4. More Gold drops gold in bigger piles (twice the size). Its basically +100% Gold perk. It does multiply with rings though. For example, without the perk 2 +100% rings will give you 3 times the gold and 3 +100% rings will give you 4 times the gold. With the perk it will give you 600% gold for 2 rings and 800% for 3.

5. The level cap is different for all spells. I think lvl 20 for primary spells except for fire ball. Secondary skills have a +5 level ring bonus cap above the maxed level, etc

For furthur questions and strategies, you can check out my youtube video. There are a lot of tips in the comment section.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OTti-vxfBM