Future of Hamsterball franchise after Hamsterball 2?

Hello! so as most of the Hamsterball fans, I am seriously hyped about Hamsterball 2. Hamsterball 1 was my childhood, and I can't wait to see the new races, new mechanics, new modes [maybe? :p], and most of all that level editor in the upcoming hamsterball game!

Overall, I'm really excited and happy that Hamsterball is getting a sequel. However, seeing as Hamsterball 1 was released over 16 years ago, and this is the next new game in that franchise, I am a bit curious, will this be the end of the Hamsterball franchise? Now I get that it is probably too early to really know if this is the end or not, I mean Hamsterball 2 isn't even out and I'm over here worrying about a Hamsterball 3 :p.

But I moreso mean, does John have any specific plans for Hamsterball after Hamsterball 2, does he plan to end the franchise after Hamsterball 2, or [probably most likely] does he have no plans for Hamsterball after Hamsterball 2.

I understand that it is a bit too early to ask this, and so if you don't have a answer that would be understandable as well :)

Comments

• 16 years between games is definitely a big enough Wait time to be worried about the game series :) No one knows for sure whether a series will get sequels. We've got to wait for the time when Hamsterball 2 comes out. :)
  • Don't worry about that now. Time will tell... A decade or two later...
  • I waited over seven years for Diablo 3 and I couldn’t have been more disappointed than I was lol.
  • edited March 2020
    I mean, sure, it's possible we could get a Hamsterball 3... But you also seem to forget that there is a third option. Raptisoft could take the Bloons TD 5/6 approach and regularly update HB2 with new content if he wanted to.

Sheesh, BTD5 is still getting the rare content update even after 6 released, so we could theoretically get both, if we're using those as examples of games that have taken a different option from the norm. Point is, in this day and age, it really isn't as simple as "Are we going to get an HB3; yes or no?"