Farewell John

It's time to finally remove this site's bookmark, as I haven't had hope for
Solomon for so long, and what little light I had left has dwindled. A
decade has passed of me checking this site once per day, and I'm
honestly surprised I've been checking it this long. It was more of a reflex/habit. Sit down, check emails, check webcomics, check Raptisoft, continue on my way.
   I'm thankful for the fun that was brought, and glad I was a part of the alpha and more. Letting thoughts be known, and actually hearing the developers opinions back was a rare and exiting gift. This was the first online community I was ever a part of, and I regret no moments of it.
   Thank you Lords Raptis and Dork, for letting me be a part of this, and thank you for Solomon. It spawned many a good DnD session, inside joke, and even a homebrew DnD system my friends and I loved. Maybe Ill finally get off my rear and try my own hand in game design, and return years later seeking to share my own creation. If I started 10 years ago I may have made something by now, so there's no time like the present.

Good tidings, Happy New Year, and best of the gaming to you all, people I barely remember!

(it may be hypocritical to my farewell, but I'm probably gonna stick around a day or two in case of replies)

Comments

• Hm, May I ask why are you leaving? if it's because of Hamsterball 2 winning the poll I'm like 90% sure that SKUME isn't cancelled, just delayed back a bit, so you don't have to leave if it's because of that.

P.S: I can relate to checking Raptisoft's forums daily :p, it became a habit for me as well :D
  • Don’t leave! We’re all in the same boat eagerly awaiting for some news, any news, good/bad. There are projects I’m waiting for that wasn’t even part of the poll lol. I’m sure raptisoft will deliver a well polished product we can all enjoy whatever it’ll be, whenever it’ll be.
  • I totally agree with you on this one. I checked this site at least once a day(I have the way more visits than anyone in this forum) in hopes of finding any good solomon news and there has been nothing good come out over the last decade. Yes delayed game is better than rushed game but that doesn't mean patience is unlimited. There has been lot of tease like we will do skume after hoggy 2, after rwk update, after this year. I've posted guide, distributed solomon dark leftovers to korean fans out there, and even told them that SKUME is coming soon. Well apparently I lied. It isn't really surprising that hamsterball won cuz most solomon fans left cuz of lack of news. However, it is still very disappointing and frustrating that it is delayed once again and broke the promise. It iss a hard decision like those quest designed by Chris Avellone: whatever you chose will upset others. Well... ...and he choose hamsterball over the promise of doing solomon after hoggy 2 and rwk is done. We have been waiting for this for so long and all we get is that "ill do it after this and that". If you are going to do hamsterball over solomon, at least get something for the solomon fans out of respect. 
  •    I booted up my ol' copy of dark, had fun and got sad. I think I'm gonna at least just tuck my bookmark away off the toolbar so I don't click it every day. Ill dig it out again when I sort my bookmarks every year.
       Glad to see I'm not the only one still hovering around though c: Id probably have more visits, but its logged me out most of the time. Also hello Pepper, I do think I remember your name

If anyone perchance wants to alert me though, my email is ( {my username} @ {"warm" mail dot com} )
    Wrote it funny 'cause I hear bots search the web for plainly typed emails
  • vvllaadd99,

I am sad to see you go. Your input was most welcome. However, I do understand. Darkest Wishes in your future endeavors.

The Dork Lord

• Funny thing is, I understand where he is coming from. I gave up long ago as well but still occasionally check back to see if there is any progress. Still disappointed but hopeful. 
  • If all the old forum members and supporters want SKUME, what would it take for us to convince John? I can tell you we are all committed by how long we have been around. I am sure some of us would be willing to donate or what ever is needed to get him to work on SKUME.