I had an odd idea.....

Would it be possible to add the ability to email saves to anyone via in game? Considering android alot of apps have the ability to send emails i figured it was soming built into the android OS that devs tapped into to use. It makes for an easy way to share saves and to also backup a save aswell (by emailing them to yourself). To add a save is easy to do and i am fairly certain this works on both rooted and unrooted devices. What do you think rapti?

Comments

• Saves should only be available to use for the person who actually played with that save, sharing a save to someone would be terrible. That defeats the whole purpose of playing a game where you can just go online and take someone else's save file.

Definitely a very odd idea though. :)
  • edited January 2019
    well it doesn't have to be shared that'd be up the that user if they did or not. the main purpose of the idea is to be able to back up a save and not have to start over again if you migrate to another phone/device. the oddity would just be in the sharing portion which would ultimately be left up to the players discretion. on some phones android (with out root) hides the saves while on other they are in plain site (root or no root) if you know where to look.
  • Although you are right that there should be a way to add something like Cloud Save but I'm 100% some people would simply post some suspicious save files online unless it would be bound to something like Google Play (most games I played that had an option to backup a save file used a Cloud Save option.
    And most of the new games hide everything (at least the saves are hidden). So if anything, Cloud Save would be a better option for upcoming game for backup save data instead of E-mail link (Some games use Passwords as a Save/Load Cloud Data which is not a good idea either.)
  • i'm pretty sure the save file is encrypted like all the txt files that belong to the spells that if they were not encrypted you'd be able to change the spell buff stats, base dmg per level, mana cost and gold cost per level upgrade. (it's something rapti did so no one could cheat and have an absurd high score. back when sb was solely on the ios.) if the save file is encrypted then you really wouldn't be able to muck around with the files code.
  • I agree with MasterTrek, though save backups in any game is nice.

I'm pretty sure Google has a save backup capability built in for developers to opt in to using, though I may just be misremembering and Bloons TD 5 mobile uses a Ninja Kiwi account for backups instead.